Helping Ariel

Discuss all things Ariel Pink related here.

Helping Ariel

Postby kate » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi. This is my first post. For many years now I have been trying to help Ariel in any way that I can. Mostly by trying to tell people about him, scribbling his name in random public places, etc. As I like to say, I am always working for the cause. I truly believe that a lot of people could be a lot happier if they only knew of Ariel's music.....but it's hard getting it out to the masses. So what I have been doing lately is making 1" promotional buttons (DIY!) and I just leave them laying around in public places. The original idea was to make them, give them to the band and let them sell them so they could make money. And I did that last year, but they have not been back my way since Novemeber....anyhow, I am looking for anybody that wants to help me with this. Just give me an address and I will mail you some buttons to distribute in your home town. Ideally, you guys are hipper than I am, because I swear the only place I ever go to is gas stations throughout the midwest (no joke, that is actually my job). The idea is that people will find the buttons and wonder who is ariel pink, they will google him and then he will get new fans that way.........there is also no real way to tell if it is working, but I do have fun making the buttons either way! I make all kind of buttons, some with just AP, or APHG, some have pictures, album covers, song lyrics, etc. I am serious, there is no catch here. The buttons cost me $0.06 a piece so I really am giving them away for free to any AP fan that wants to try to help. And if you doubt at all how much of an Ariel fan I really am, just call and listen to my voicemail - 816-721-0951, I never answer anyhow, but you can give me your address that way if you don't want to post it. thanks.
kate
city maus

Re: Helping Ariel

Postby AppTrans » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:15 pm

If this is legit, I would be glad to help. Great idea. I'll send you my email address.
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby j0rdan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:07 pm

I'd love some buttons, email me at disengage_0@hotmail.com
j0rdan
mausketeer

Postby kate » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Another thing I have been doing is to leave an APGH mix CD in the CD player anytime I get a rental car. I think everybody should do this.
kate
city maus

Postby AppTrans » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:30 am

Update:
Thanks to Kate for sending these beautiful buttons! They are wickedly awesome! I already left a few in strange locations. Maybe someone'll be enlightened!
I strongly encourage everyone to contact Kate...she is really doing an excellent thing here! :D
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby dean » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:05 am

Cute idea Kate.

Post pics of the pins please, I'm curious!
dean
maus is missing

Postby kate » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:28 pm

I will. I have to make more since I just sent all I had to AppTrans. He is the one doing excellent things by helping me help Ariel. I've been on this mission solo for a long time now.
kate
city maus

Postby fl00de » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:56 pm

:D
fl00de
mausketeer

Postby j0rdan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:41 am

quality stuff by kate! keep up the good work!
j0rdan
mausketeer

Postby AppTrans » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:35 pm

I left them all around the Philadelphia Museum of Art on Saturday!
...just received more pins yesterday...thanks Kate :victory:
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby kate » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:13 pm

You're welcome AppTrans! Thank you and Jordan for helping me! I hope you like the second batch I sent you - I think they were different. I made the "real bad liar" series yesterday... "ariel pink is a real bad liar" "ariel pink is a two faced liar" and "I am a real bad liar"... oh ya and the sensitive man series of buttons is coming to you soon too! "I'm a sensitve man"
"Ariel Pink looks better than you ever will" and "Ariel Pink is a sensitive man".....

As always, I am open to suggestions on button worthy lyrics or whatever you think might catch somebody's attention.
kate
city maus

Postby CityOfDaughters » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:25 pm

Great ideas, everyone. I just scribble "Ariel Pink for Life" every time I drop a deuce in a public restroom.
CityOfDaughters
anonymaus

Postby pinkspoons » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:57 pm

CityOfDaughters wrote:Great ideas, everyone. I just scribble "Ariel Pink for Life" every time I drop a deuce in a public restroom.

i'm confused. i thought everyone already did this... :sherlock:
pinkspoons
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby kate » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:19 pm

hey pinkspoons I am totally confused as to why nobody wants my AP buttons???
kate
city maus

Postby pinkspoons » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:20 am

I WANT YOUR BUTTONS!!!

:truluv:
pinkspoons
¯\(º_o)/¯

Next

Return to Talk