Tour Dates

Discuss previous and upcoming shows here.

Re: Tour Dates

Postby pluckypurcell » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:07 pm

well that was awesome...you're in for a real treat if you are able to see this tour. geneva, john, and puro instinct were all great.
pluckypurcell
little maus on the prairie

Postby AppTrans » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:05 pm

The show last night in Philly was awesome! My brothers, our friend and I arrived at the venue and saw John get out of a taxi!
Indifferent fools/indiepeacocks/jocks/partysluts were all over (4th of July bbq), not seeming to care too much for the live acts. Their loss.
I am glad to have seen John Maus live. He started off with Quantum Leap. The show was a surreal blur...intense as I expected! Pure bliss. Tracks he played included Streetlight, ...And the Rain,Do Your Best, Time to Die, Maniac, Believer, and a couple others. It was an honor to be there in such an intimate area. Hell, Geneva Jacuzzi was there dancing too!
Puro Instinct were really great. Currently listening to their cd. I had seen Puro Instinct last year in Philly playing with Ariel and I enjoyed them quite a lot.
Then we saw Geneva Jacuzzi play inside...it felt like we were in Tech Noir or a club in Liquid Sky. Fantastic. John Maus and members from Puro Instinct were dancing up a storm...
Luckily my brother got some great photos and videos of John Maus, so hopefully I can share with you. I hope to see these fine musicians again :victory: :float:
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby AppTrans » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:56 am

a few videos from the show last night, thanks to my brother:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ScaryFont
pictures shall be posted soon
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby joe » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:01 am

The Austin show was really good, but kind of too loud I think. The set seemed really short but I don't know if it was just because I was enjoying it a lot. I had seen videos of him performing before but I didn't expect so much straight up screaming. It was pretty amazing to see so close up. I also got splashed with droplets of either sweat or water he'd rubbed on himself a few times. I'm not a big fan of Pitiless but hearing some of the songs live and seeing him get so into them has gotten me liking them more and more. I kind of wanted to reach out my hand to him when he was singing "Do Your Best" but I didn't. Geneva Jacuzzi was really good too. I didn't stay for Puro Instinct and felt kind of bad for them since it seemed like half of everybody left after John Maus.
joe
anonymaus

Postby eternia » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:07 am

"I kind of wanted to reach out my hand to him when he was singing "Do Your Best" but I didn't."
I had the same feeling last summer in London. And the second show there was really loud too.
eternia
anonymaus

Postby AppTrans » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:10 am

Puro Instinct are really awesome live, so that's a shame.
I think the reason people stayed at the show in Philly was because Diplo was there doing dj shit or something...of course
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby pluckypurcell » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:42 am

AppTrans wrote:Puro Instinct are really awesome live, so that's a shame.
I think the reason people stayed at the show in Philly was because Diplo was there doing dj shit or something...of course

yeah it is too bad, they are great. the lineup here was geneva, puro instinct, john.
pluckypurcell

Postby ricky » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:42 pm

I was at the show in SD last night and I had a lot of fun! Geneva Jacuzzi was amazing as usual, but I liked the set she did at the Echo earlier this year at the John Maus/Holy Shit show in May. Puro Instinct were adorable, but it seemed like some people weren't into them. The crowd was smaller for their set. Actually the crowd was smaller in general compared to the Ariel Pink show I went to at the Casbah last year.

John Maus was awesome! I had seen him once before at the Echo, but the Casbah is a smaller and more intimate venue, so I really got to see him do his thing up close. I'm excited to see him again tonight. :)
ricky

Postby AppTrans » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:53 pm

I don't know why people seem to be indifferent to Puro Instinct. I noticed that at the show I went to. Oh, and lucky you for seeing John Maus again! :nod:
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby ricky » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Yeah not sure. I'll see how the crowd reacts to them in Orange County and then I'll see them and JOhn Maus again on Friday in LA. :victory:
ricky

Postby zincink » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:39 pm

Anyone venturing to the Pier in NYC :victory: ?

Tis FREE!
http://www.hudsonriverpark.org/events/d ... -john-maus
zincink
anonymaus

Postby MadamAnt » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:39 am

I went! Frankly you'd have been nuts not to go if you were in the area. It was a highly entertaining and eclectic mix of artists as well - I was impressed with the others in spite of initially just going for Maus. Nice breeze coming off the water in the evening as well!
MadamAnt
country maus

Postby 2CZ » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:15 pm

The Pier show was pretty fantastic, most were alive and shaking (unlike John's Creators Project performance, I don't think anyone moved or cheered during that one... It made him even more arresting however). I'd see John Maus over and over again, he needs to have an incredibly long set in NYC sometime, I always want more :float:
2CZ
anonymaus

Postby MadamAnt » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:15 am

Completely agree, and I'll certainly be at the next one (whenever that might be)! 2CZ - do you remember the set list in order at all?
MadamAnt
country maus

Postby LadyLazarus » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Just got my tix to the Scala gig. I hope John is on for at least an hour (an hour per band 7-11 x 4 acts sounds reasonable). London is ages away from me here in the southwest and it's the day after I see PIL in Bristol. Will be a proper little tour of the country for me as well, but well worth it. SO EXCITED I could spontaneously combust. Anyone else going?
LadyLazarus
maustache

PreviousNext

Return to Shows