Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Talk about all things Maus.

Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Postby bongoleena » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:42 pm

I bought WMBTPCOO from Rough Trade [London] a couple of weeks ago and got given a free mix cd with it called 'Maus Mix' that was apparently put together by John himself exclusively for Rough Trade - http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_detail.lasso?search_type=sku&sku=340071

It didn't have a track list so I wondered if anyone else had got it and worked out which tracks were by who :delaware:
bongoleena
anonymaus
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Postby Raketenkarl » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:37 pm

Is it good?
I'm really having a hard time deciding whether or not I should spend another 10 quid for this as I already have the LP.
Raketenkarl
anonymaus
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:16 pm

Re: Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Postby pinkspoons » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:49 am

bongoleena wrote:I bought WMBTPCOO from Rough Trade [London] a couple of weeks ago and got given a free mix cd with it called 'Maus Mix' that was apparently put together by John himself exclusively for Rough Trade - http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_detail.lasso?search_type=sku&sku=340071

It didn't have a track list so I wondered if anyone else had got it and worked out which tracks were by who :delaware:


PLEASE UPLOAD (then pm me)

:kiss:
User avatar
pinkspoons
¯\(º_o)/¯
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:21 am

Re: Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Postby eternia » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:58 pm

Hey bongoleena,
can you please share it with us? :headscratch:
User avatar
eternia
anonymaus
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Postby pinkspoons » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:51 pm

low post count means we won't be getting it from them...



:sherlock:


anyone?
User avatar
pinkspoons
¯\(º_o)/¯
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:21 am

Re: Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Postby AppTrans » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:06 am

I wonder if any songs from his WFMU set are on this mix...
User avatar
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯
 
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Postby bongoleena » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:27 am

http://www.mediafire.com/?lwlj0clnv16i3i9

Sorry for delay. Going on holiday. Won't be able to respond for a bit. Hope that file is OK and you guys can work out which track is what. I've figured out track 18 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XYZU5CWEt0

Have fun.
bongoleena
anonymaus
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Postby AppTrans » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:14 pm

bongoleena wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?lwlj0clnv16i3i9

Sorry for delay. Going on holiday. Won't be able to respond for a bit. Hope that file is OK and you guys can work out which track is what. I've figured out track 18 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XYZU5CWEt0

Have fun.


Thank you so very kindly!!!!!!

:victory:
User avatar
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯
 
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Postby eternia » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:25 pm

Thank You So Much! :dabbadeedabbadoo:
User avatar
eternia
anonymaus
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Postby eternia » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Last edited by eternia on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
eternia
anonymaus
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Postby Fishfinger » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:08 pm



arg ! damn you ! i was so exited to see if we could find by ourself like a blindtest ( i was sure for 4 tracks )

great mix by the way
User avatar
Fishfinger
anonymaus
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:37 am

Re: Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Postby AppTrans » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:46 pm

I would have been able to list at least seven or eight of those if I had heard the mix first...will download after work...looks super ace! Thanks for the list, eternia! I always wanted the Eternia playset when I was little. Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain rocked...ooh but the Slime Pit was the best! HE-MAN!
User avatar
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯
 
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Postby eternia » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:59 pm

sooooorry! :limpyroll:
I was missing 4 tracks.
User avatar
eternia
anonymaus
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Postby Raketenkarl » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:02 am

So Pitchfork has linked to your Mediafire Upload, Bongoleena, which I think is first of all stupid of them (why not link to illegal uploads of big albums in the future?) and probably also a bit dangerous considering copyright laws. I don't really know what's the copyright case for Mix CDs that only get released as Rough Trade bonus CDs though.

But thanks nonetheless!
I listened to 3/4 of it yesterday and thought it was awesome. Maybe I'd still buy it at Rough Trade. Is it made good? Or is it just a CD-R thrown in with the original CD?
Raketenkarl
anonymaus
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:16 pm

Re: Maus Mix : Free Rough Trade mix CD by JM with WMBTPCOO

Postby AppTrans » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:54 pm

Raketenkarl wrote:So Pitchfork has linked to your Mediafire Upload, Bongoleena, which I think is first of all stupid of them (why not link to illegal uploads of big albums in the future?) and probably also a bit dangerous considering copyright laws. I don't really know what's the copyright case for Mix CDs that only get released as Rough Trade bonus CDs though.

But thanks nonetheless!
I listened to 3/4 of it yesterday and thought it was awesome. Maybe I'd still buy it at Rough Trade. Is it made good? Or is it just a CD-R thrown in with the original CD?


I love the mix, had a great tracklist and everything...superb
:float:
User avatar
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯
 
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Next

Return to Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: C-3PO and 5 guests