first ariel pink experience

Discuss all things Ariel Pink related here.

Re: first ariel pink experience

Postby MausterofDisguise » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:52 pm

j0rdan wrote:unfortunately anyone I've ever played ariel pink for doesn't like it. especially my girlfriend, she DESPISES it haha

I played "Immune To Emotion" in a friend's car a few years ago and they burst out laughing before the first verse ended. I would've been offended, but they just listen to the radio/current trends so it was kind of expected! I was like, "Come on, he's a musical genius!" and gave up. On another occasion, I played "Interesting Results" and he said "It sounds like the Beatles!" and I was thinking, "Uh, yeah! I guess so.....not really....no." I kinda treat music like a fine art in a way haha, but not too seriously.
MausterofDisguise
city maus

Postby pinkspoons » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:17 am

Jacob wrote:
j0rdan wrote:unfortunately anyone I've ever played ariel pink for doesn't like it. especially my girlfriend, she DESPISES it haha

I played "Immune To Emotion" in a friend's car a few years ago and they burst out laughing before the first verse ended. I would've been offended, but they just listen to the radio/current trends so it was kind of expected! I was like, "Come on, he's a musical genius!" and gave up. On another occasion, I played "Interesting Results" and he said "It sounds like the Beatles!" and I was thinking, "Uh, yeah! I guess so.....not really....no." I kinda treat music like a fine art in a way haha, but not too seriously.

HA!

sounds like what the beatles listened to for inspiration!!!

:sneaky:
pinkspoons
the great maus detective

Postby mymolly » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:20 am

i was a late comer to the ariel world, but i heard it from a coworker's computer one day, and haven't really stopped listening since. awesome music makes the work days not so miserable. thank you, ariel.
mymolly
anonymaus

Postby jannypan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:47 am

This was in 2005 just after Worn Copy was re-issued through Paw Tracks. I went onto the Paw Tracks website and listened to a free mp3 of "Jules Lost His Jules" and have been hooked ever since.
jannypan
spambot
spambot

Postby masmango » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:09 am

i was still in school in '04 or whenever it was that the doldrums first popped up. my roommate bought it, having heard about it online or something. one day he happened to be listening to music without headphones (so i could actually hear) because he knew i'd like "among dreams", which i sho' nuff did. i didn't have a computer at the time. i started skipping class and going to the computer labs so i could listen to ariel pink on rhapsody for free. i have no idea how much time i spent listening to ariel when i should've been in class.....
i dropped out later that semester. hehehehehe
still haven't stopped listening religiously.
my old roommate doesn't share my pink obsession, but i credit him for introducing me to my favorite musician of all timez!!! :kiss:
masmango
mausketeer

Postby joe » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:58 pm

In 2005 I used to be really into music videos and visiting this music video website 24/7 http://videos.antville.org/. One day someone posted the For Kate I Wait video and I initially was just amused by it but soon found myself replaying it over and over. The music sounded so nice and the video was so mysterious and funny and kind of weird compared to stuff I had been watching at the time. Then I listened to the Doldrums and that was it.
joe
anonymaus

Postby yoghurtt » Sun May 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Summer 2008 , one of my friend show me a Mark Gonzales vid ... the soundtrack was THE DOLDRUMS , I downloaded it and felt in love... on week after I get that cool torrent with his full albums... :sneaky:
yoghurtt
anonymaus

Postby ricky » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:40 am

I forgot what year it was but it was that Krooked Naughty video that got me into Ariel Pink as well. The first song I heard was Everytime I Die At Miyagis.
ricky
little maus on the prairie

Postby yoghurtt » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:38 am

ricky wrote:I forgot what year it was but it was that Krooked Naughty video that got me into Ariel Pink as well. The first song I heard was Everytime I Die At Miyagis.

Yeah the KROOKED NAUGHTY VID that's this one !
yoghurtt
anonymaus

Postby AppTrans » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:15 pm

KryptoberonSungrazer wrote:I had a copy of House Arrest on CD that I had purchased years ago but never really listened to, and I decided to put it on late one night. I remember lying in bed when it was pitch black, with my headphones on, completely awe-struck. I then went out and bought Scared Famous and Worm Copy and listened to nothing but those albums for months on end. I loved them to death but for the longest time I couldn't get into The Doldrums, sort of odd because it seems that album is how a lot of people were introduced to him. It grew on me a lot though. House Arrest is still my favorite from him, and one of my favorite albums of all time.

Welcome! House Arrest is my favorite by him as well 8D
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby autumn45 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:47 am

Yeah the version of yas dudette on mutant sounds has a lot of stuff not on the version I had. That's to you and j0rdan for letting me know. Let's try to get him to play some unreleased stuff this Sunday.
thomas sabo
thomas sabo Ireland
thomas sabo charms
thomas sabo jewellery
thomas sabo bracelets
autumn45
anonymaus

Postby j0rdan » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:39 am

what kind of bot posts like that? what the fuck? :headscratch:
j0rdan
mausketeer

Postby pinkspoons » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:24 pm

:sherlock:
pinkspoons
the great maus detective

Postby AppTrans » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:14 pm

Gray Sunset was the first full song I heard by Ariel...needless to say, I was totally sucked in!
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby nick » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:09 am

One of my friend's families owns this huge plot of forested land in my hometown, we go out there and trip all the time. I was seventeen in 2006. We got a hold of some 2C-I and some acid and went out there as usual. We'd always take a boombox out there and make tapes. Another friend had stumbled upon Ariel via Paw Tracks and made a copy of House Arrest. The music brought out feelings I'd never felt before, sober or not. I never heard music the same way again. What a night...
nick
anonymaus

Previous

Return to Talk