Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:58 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Pedals
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:25 pm 
john everymaus

Hey friends.

I want to up my pedal game. What are your favorite guitar/vocal/etc. pedals?

Thanks for your help!

Post subject: Re: Pedals
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:39 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I never bring my guitar anywhere without my Dunlop Cry Baby WahWah Pedal. Pretty basic but I don't know how I ever lived without it before.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:02 pm 
anonymaus

I go in these phases of having lots and then getting rid and pretending to be some kind of puritan without any. Though genuinely think overdrive sounds better as tubes being driven by playing. And I love how electric guitars sound through just a loud amp in an open space.

Plus I play with bands all the time that have these expensive boards filled with pristine pedals all patched tidily and correctly and they still sound completely ordinary. It really is what you do and the attitude you bring to it which is why Helios Creed sounds amazing with dozens of pedals and most math rock bands don't. I have a friend who uses one of those slightly naff Digitech multi-effects things that any serious guitarist laughs at, but he sounds super with it.

So now I have none save a shitty Marshall Jackhammer and a DD-6 that I use for voice, but I have a really good amp (Watkins). But for a record I made recently I borrowed like 9 off someone, mostly cheap Behringers that did the trick. I've also never owned anything special or handbuilt except this one overdrive that was just one silver button in a silver case and one dial and hell that was insane. Got rid of it though. Wish I hadn't.

For me the Electro Harmonix Holy Stain is a must own because it's a gorgeous reverb and the trem/pitch shift is nice too. Generally speaking I think EHX make the best mainstream pedals. Moogerfooger, Zvex and Lovetone have some good boutique pedals. My friend Richey swears by the Lovetone Meatball.

But I like to do basic stuff like have two Boss DD-6 Delays in a chain too, especially when doing something spacey and dense.

Also generally against all forms of looping for reasons I can't explain. Bought a Boss RC-20 and just felt enslaved by it rather than freed. Seen some people do okay things with loops but tend to find they're used like a gimmick or that the repetitions are not used interestingly and chain the music to expected progressions. idk.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:42 pm 
anonymaus

electro harmonix pog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:25 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Danelectro pedals were always boss back in the day but there don't seem to be many options in the present moment, they had an awesome delay and flange pedal...sometimes I wish I could find those again.
Boss ME-80 Multi-Effects Pedal is a good one if you need an all-in-one. Dunno, I'm out of practice with this stuff!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:26 pm 
anonymaus

This video will help you to figure all that out. good luck in your quest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oud6DmRinaY