introduce yourself !

Discuss anything here.

Re: introduce yourself !

Postby ganzergrey » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:04 am

FlyingCircle wrote:Yeah it was pretty weird. I was in Echo Park walking down these stairs that reeked of urine and he was going up while I was going down. We chatted for a few minutes until he was like: man, these stairs smell very urban. So we moved locations. Very cool dude. I'm pretty tall (6'2") and he looks huge in the picture (he was standing on the step above me).
It was a very cool day, to say the least.

Random question (and I'm sure there are many stairs in Echo Park that smell like urine) but was this by the bridge on Sunset, kind of near the Echo?
ganzergrey
mausketeer

Postby AppTrans » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:52 pm

I don't know if I ever properly introduced myself. I am Luke and my age is 30. I am currently contracted by my state to expedite permanency for children without proper homes. I'm a paralegal more or less, but the best thing is that I'm my own boss :lol: . I will be going to law school within the next couple years, once I've saved enough. Studied art in college, graduated. I have a vast knowledge for all things Renaissance and Baroque. My favorite bands/musicians ever include the Beach Boys, the Beatles, Depeche Mode, Black Flag, Pink Floyd, Joy Division, just to name a few.
My favorite musicians from now are John Maus and Ariel Pink. Really don't like anything else out!
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby zincink » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:13 am

:sneaky:

I draw a guy named Green Guy he looks like this :happy: ----------->
I also draw a Sloth
I am a Wierd-o in a good way
and I take photos of bands

and blahblabh blahblabhablh
zincink
anonymaus

Postby AppTrans » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:48 pm

be my friend?
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby rebhal87 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:08 pm

I'm Rebs, or Rebecca if you're into rhythm and syllables.

I like (in no particular order):

dancing, bread, sound, light, movement, water, energy, electricity, warmth, snow, fire, critters, plants, connectedness, generosity, collaborations

Y'all can check out my blog here: www.rebsnugs.wordpress.com

I have some sounds here: www.soundcloud.com/rebsnugs

Peace. It's good to submit this introduction, with the hopes of getting to know... someone.

-R
rebhal87
anonymaus

Postby MausterofDisguise » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:37 am

AppTrans wrote:My favorite musicians from now are John Maus and Ariel Pink. Really don't like anything else out!

I can relate to that! Maybe listening to Pink and JM has ruined all these new bands for us, but I'm really lazy about searching for new music, so that might be the real reason for me.
MausterofDisguise
john everymaus

Postby AppTrans » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Amen
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby 4mount » Thu May 24, 2012 1:34 am

Hi !

I'm a 24 years old french guy loving the lo fi musics that john maus and ariel pink created, but also loving all of kind of musics,from ambient stuff to dancing stuff : Boards of Canada, Atlas sound,Twin shadow, Wagner, Gainsbourg, CFCF, Todd Terje, Mulatu Astatke etc...

I'm a big cinema fan too, especially from the Cohen brothers, Brazil from Gilliam, Apocalypse Now from Coppola and lots of others..., but also stuff like Street trash, Die hard, Alien and some (funny because very bad) movies like the first live action adaptation of Dragon ball z and Megapirahna.

Like some people here too, I made musics, I have two projects, in a duo with a Scottish friend and a solo project recenty started.

I hope to discover lots of stuff here about every kind of things.
4mount
anonymaus

Postby liam » Sun May 27, 2012 12:34 am

4mount wrote:I hope to discover lots of stuff here about every kind of things.

Don't we all
liam
little maus on the prairie

Postby FawkesDebord » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Hello. I'm Magnus, I'm 18 and I'm from Norway.
I wrote a long introduction but Firefox ate it, so I'm just going to say that I saw John Maus perform at the Øya Festival last Thursday and it was an awesome experience and that I have the greatest man crush on him at the moment.

This seems like a nice place.
FawkesDebord
anonymaus

Postby MadamAnt » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi Magnus, I think a crush is inevitable. I saw him at the free River Rocks concert in NYC last month and it really was a spectacular and invigorating event. I will definitely catch him live again whenever I have the opportunity.If you're interested, you can have a browse of my review for that show:
http://louderthanwar.com/hudson-river-r ... ve-review/
I also posted links to my pictures on flickr and video clips in the 'shows' area here.
Just realised I haven't introduced myself properly yet or explained how I got into John Maus - I've been a fan of Ariel Pink since 2008 but hadn't really delved a great deal into collaborators or musical offshoots, and it wasn't until hearing "Do Your Best" played over the PA waiting for Pulp at Radio City in April that my Maus fandom began in earnest. I had a scrap of paper in my bag and I scribbled down what I could make out of the lyrics to identify the song later (some of which turned out to be wrong! In fact I only had "You gotta do what's right" and "In your city tonight" to go on...) I trawled google endlessly with no results, so, on the brink of despair, I looked at some of Jarvis Cocker's old playlists, and I saw the WMBTPCOO album cover. Further investigation and looking at the top hits for John Maus on YouTube and I had my answer! He has really been a special find for me and I often panic, wondering if I ever would have made the discovery if I hadn't gone to see Pulp that night.
MadamAnt
country maus

Postby FawkesDebord » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Nice review.

Fun fact: I was introduced to Maus by an Egyptian guy I met on Omegle, a few months ago. The music didn't really excite me much then, I just thought it was good and that was it.

Reading and watching interviews, that guy I overheard just before the show recommending standing close to the stage so you can see his face (I was planning on standing at the back of the audience), and first and foremost the show itself, "did it" for me. I just regret not tracking JM up after the gig to tell him about my crazy ideas about how the world works. Or maybe that would've been a bad idea.
FawkesDebord
anonymaus

Postby AppTrans » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:35 pm

Welcome to the party Ben :D
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby glum » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:17 pm

hi there, i'm glum. not all the time of course. i'm also known as matt. aren't ariel pink and john maus just the special-est of all?!?
glum
anonymaus

Postby MysteryGuest » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:01 pm

Hiya, been lurking here since last summer,also been trying to avoid posting after getting horribly addicted to internet forums a few years ago and getting into trouble at work, plus probs with obsessive thoughts about posting, but... I couldn't resist any more. *does special secret Maus hand sign* |:o
MysteryGuest
anonymaus

PreviousNext

Return to General