this is NOT a tea thread

Discuss anything here.

this is NOT a tea thread

Postby erba » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:51 pm

i don't wanna kick anything off here

i need sugar in my tea. i blame my parents for that. my dad doesn't even take sugar in his tea though!

anyway i have like a teaspoonful left. i wanted a cup of tea now, and one tomorrow before i go out. so i needed to divide the sugar between the two.

if the division was equal then i figured i'd get two really average cups of tea.

but i want a nice one tomorrow because that's a great pick me up, and i always feel low in the mornings.

what i decided to do was use earl grey tea tonight. i'm not that fond of it, but it has a sweeter flavour to it than english breakfast.

so i used an earl grey bag, and i used LESS than HALF the sugar left in my little tupperware container.

let me just try the tea now, i've left it a while cause it's hot.

ok not that great but it'll do!

but yes, this leaves me with a decent amount of sugar to work with tomorrow morning for my english breakfast.

roll on wednesday!
erba
anonymaus

Re: this is NOT a tea thread

Postby erba » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:52 pm

in related tea news, i opened up a bag the other day and a tiny LIVE spider crawled out. it gave me the jitters!!

i squashed it, it was green inside.

i didn't use the tea bag in question.
erba
anonymaus

Postby erba » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:56 pm

in related '(nasty) stuff that shouldn't be in the purchased product' news, yesterday i carefully prepared a nice pasta meal and used a plain tomato sauce with it. to my horror i felt something hard in my mouth after a few mouthfuls in.

it was a bone.

i wretched. i get funny about things like that. i threw the rest of the meal away, and washed my mouth out, wretched some more, then sulked.

i get even more funny about things like that when it's so outrageous. what the hell is a lump of bone doing in my tomato sauce?? seriously, i should sue the pants off dolmio. it'sa MY dolmio day in court!
erba
anonymaus

Postby tsohg ekac naeporue » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:44 pm

Who is this? How can we meet over tea and biscuits?
tsohg ekac naeporue
anonymaus

Postby Eazy-E » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:48 pm

luke <3
Eazy-E
mausketeer

Postby tsohg ekac naeporue » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:50 pm

LUKE Luke?

LOOK!
tsohg ekac naeporue
anonymaus

Postby topdownjimmy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:06 pm

man does robbie like tea
topdownjimmy
anonymaus

Postby tsohg ekac naeporue » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:13 am

I've half a warm cup in my hand right now, as I listen to a radio documentary about the youth of Belarus, Europe's last dictatorship <3
tsohg ekac naeporue
anonymaus

Postby hairgrowsthenwedie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:32 pm

hei erba, maybe your brain doesn't want you to eat and drink for some reason, making you throw teabags and pasta in the garbage bin. think about it.
love, m
hairgrowsthenwedie
anonymaus

Postby MadamAnt » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:38 am

Once again I'm resurrecting ancient threads, but ONLY because I found a tiny metal ring in my burger at Prospect Park last night...I'm always finding staples in my Chinese takeaway and unexpectedly choking on gristle. Almost drives one not to eat.

AND those Dolmio adverts, how many racial stereotypes can they cram into a 2 minute puppet show? The grandmother's sly acknowledgement of "100 percent natural ingrehdients" makes me picture her enthusiastically straining tomatoes between her wilted breasts and crushing garlic beneath her naked, wisened buttocks.
MadamAnt
country maus

Postby liam » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:00 pm

I live with a girl who asks at least once a day if I'd like a cup of tea, despite me telling her about a year ago that I don't drink it. I think her brain just can't process the concept of someone not liking tea
liam
little maus on the prairie

Postby MadamAnt » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Tea can be a handy ice breaker. I remember offering an estate agent a cup of tea when he popped round to evaluate the house for renting out before I moved. He declined, and then things just got awkward. What do you say to a man who declines tea?? :silly:
MadamAnt
country maus

Postby dean » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:51 pm

liam wrote:I live with a girl who asks at least once a day if I'd like a cup of tea, despite me telling her about a year ago that I don't drink it. I think her brain just can't process the concept of someone not liking tea

I get looks of disbelief from friends and colleagues when I tell them that I haven't had tea since I moved from the UK. I switched to coffee in '99ish and have never gone back.
dean
maus is missing

Postby MadamAnt » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:22 pm

I've done the same, I must admit. Rarely drank coffee in the UK as it was always that Nescafe instant bilge water people had in their homes. And now, upon arriving in New York this past January, every tea experience has just been piss weak and horrible, and eventually when I tracked down a supply of PG Tips (I was convinced US tea and their sneaky insistence on decaffeinated varieties was the problem), even that seemed to no longer have any flavor. We have a Tassimo machine in the house and I'm an addict, must have at least 3 cups a day...
MadamAnt
country maus

Postby LadyLazarus » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:16 pm

I will take the credit for getting you hooked on T-Discs, MA. It is indeed a bitch getting proper filter coffees here in the UK (I loathe instant 'granules:' fuck that vile shit) so I much prefer being able to make them myself at home. I like my coffee black, Agent Cooper style.
LadyLazarus
mausterious

Next

Return to General