Movies

Discuss anything here.

Re: Movies

Postby ganzergrey » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:27 am

How do you say 'tease' in paranoid schizophrenic?

http://biggersplashes.blogspot.com/2011 ... rlene.html
ganzergrey
mausketeer

Postby liam » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:54 am

The most recent film I've seen was Sleeping Beauty

Australians are perverts
liam
little maus on the prairie

Postby meewillis » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:21 pm

meewillis
anonymaus

Postby AppTrans » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:42 pm

Trash Humpers meet the Residents after watching Close Encounters! This is cool to me
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby possiblegrenade » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:13 am

Just watched The Last Circus...
possiblegrenade
country maus

Postby AppTrans » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Just watched History of Violence for the second time and Borat for the 20th time.
Also watched most of Melancholia...I really enjoyed it! My favorite Lars von Trier movie is Dogville. Nothing like a hate letter to America. Manderlay was okay I suppose. Waiting for third installment...
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby ganzergrey » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:31 am

Melancholia was alright but disappointing to me. Last Circus looked awesome in the trailer, turned out to be pretty shitty.

I watched Beginners the other night and takes Bellflower's spot as my favorite movie of the year so far.
ganzergrey
mausketeer

Postby possiblegrenade » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:31 am

ganzergrey wrote: Last Circus looked awesome in the trailer, turned out to be pretty shitty.

I didn't necessarily think it was shitty, but I definitely was iffy about the second half. The first half I found really interesting because of the character studies. The idea behind the Happy Clown was awesome imo.
possiblegrenade
country maus

Postby AppTrans » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:22 am

ganzergrey wrote:Melancholia was alright but disappointing to me. Last Circus looked awesome in the trailer, turned out to be pretty shitty.

I watched Beginners the other night and takes Bellflower's spot as my favorite movie of the year so far.

Well, I didn't finish Melancholia. He's good at disappointing!
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby AppTrans » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:59 pm

I got Die Nibelungen by Fritz Lang. Five hour epic in two parts.
Recently watched Sledgehammer (which is mostly in slow motion). It's a SOV "slasher/horror" film. Great stuff.
Finally saw Troll 2. That witch or whatever she's supposed to be looks like Geneva Jacuzzi. The movie is a piece of shit, but I'm still on the mission to find the worst movie ever. The movie Things is still the worst ever. I dare you to find one that's worse. Let me know what you think is the worst movie ever!
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby possiblegrenade » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:03 am

AppTrans wrote:Finally saw Troll 2. That witch or whatever she's supposed to be looks like Geneva Jacuzzi. The movie is a piece of shit, but I'm still on the mission to find the worst movie ever. The movie Things is still the worst ever. I dare you to find one that's worse. Let me know what you think is the worst movie ever!

Oh Troll 2... my family has it on vhs and I watched it as a kid a lot. No idea why, and I actually found it scary being so young.

I recently watched Punch Drunk Love, which was not what I expected at all. But that was fine, because I enjoyed it a lot. I also saw Exit Through The Giftshop, which was awesome.
possiblegrenade
country maus

Postby j0rdan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:47 am

possiblegrenade wrote:
AppTrans wrote:Finally saw Troll 2. That witch or whatever she's supposed to be looks like Geneva Jacuzzi. The movie is a piece of shit, but I'm still on the mission to find the worst movie ever. The movie Things is still the worst ever. I dare you to find one that's worse. Let me know what you think is the worst movie ever!

Oh Troll 2... my family has it on vhs and I watched it as a kid a lot. No idea why, and I actually found it scary being so young.

I recently watched Punch Drunk Love, which was not what I expected at all. But that was fine, because I enjoyed it a lot. I also saw Exit Through The Giftshop, which was awesome.

PG, watch "The Room." It was supposed to be this guys masterpiece (really?). He came out of nowhere, wrote the script, directed and produced (he came out of left field with a million dollars and won't say anything about how he got the money) the whole thing, but after a COMPLETE bomb, he marketed it as a "black comedy." Nobody was buying it, and it gained a cult following because of how bad it was. I guess nowadays he plays along, but he is truly the ABSOLUT© WORST.

The Room by Tommy Wiseau
j0rdan
mausketeer

Postby possiblegrenade » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:30 pm

j0rdan wrote:
possiblegrenade wrote:

PG, watch "The Room." It was supposed to be this guys masterpiece (really?). He came out of nowhere, wrote the script, directed and produced (he came out of left field with a million dollars and won't say anything about how he got the money) the whole thing, but after a COMPLETE bomb, he marketed it as a "black comedy." Nobody was buying it, and it gained a cult following because of how bad it was. I guess nowadays he plays along, but he is truly the ABSOLUT© WORST.

The Room by Tommy Wiseau

Hahaha I've seen the Room many times. Fucking hilarious.
possiblegrenade
country maus

Postby AppTrans » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:13 pm

recently watched:
Manos the Hands of Fate (lovely garbage)
Mutiny on the Bounty (amazing Laughton as Cpt. Bligh)
Branded to Kill (pretty cool)
A Film Unfinished (depressing beyond belief)
Anyone here have suggestions for an all encompassing documentary about the Holocaust? I've already seen Night and Fog, which is short and possibly the most harrowing documentary I've encountered.
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby ganzergrey » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Recently watched:

Jefftowne
Cries and Whispers
Peter Ibbetson
Turkish Delight
0's and 1's
Bad Biology
Anguish (87)
The Deathmaker (95)
Syndromes and a Century
Maximum Shame

I really enjoyed all of these, with the exception of Maximum Shame, which was pretty dumb. 0's and 1's was mindblowing.
ganzergrey
mausketeer

PreviousNext

Return to General