Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:34 pm 
little maus on the prairie

basehead617 wrote:
Is there a discography site for him that is very fan-oriented/completist with photos and tracklists, etc., or is the wikipedia page still the best thing that exists? I'd love to use something as a starting point to check off from. I previously collected Saint Etienne and really enjoy finding rarities appear on discogs/ebay and slamming the buy button.
For now, I'd say a combination of the wiki and discogs. The wiki has everything, yet, It's quite disorganized, but discogs is missing quite a few of his releases.
castlevanyan wrote:
I also have that 2008 tour CDr from there coming in, admittedly more than I would normally spend but I have a feeling if another popped up in a year they'd be even pricier.
Yeah, I was planning on picking it up, but $70 is a bit much for nothing we've not heard yet.

Last edited by Viewbob on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:02 pm 
anonymaus

3 weeks later after being shipped from Brazil(?) instead of U.K. it's finally found its forever home. It's priceless to me! :float: It has some all time favorites and I've never actually heard DUH before.. & I don't know why he would want to keep that to himself.. music is meant to be listened to

My phones photos don't work well on message boards so I just uploaded them all to a gallery here: http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/m0kk123 ... os1bfo074n

Last edited by Castlevanyan on Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:59 am 

You got anymore pics of the yas?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:39 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

thanks for those pics castle!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:49 pm 
mausketeer

Castlevanyan wrote:
3 weeks later after being shipped from Brazil(?) instead of U.K. it's finally found its forever home. Yeah I don't know, its priceless to me. It has some all time favorites and I've never actually heard DUH before :shock: & I don't know why he would want to keep that to himself.. music is meant to be listened to

My phones photos don't work well on message boards so I just uploaded them all to a gallery here: http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/m0kk123 ... os1bfo074n
Damn, I was gonna buy that!! It was listed as Yas Dudette on Discogs right? I emailed the seller last year offering $50 for it but never got a reply. I was a little wary about buying from him as his profile said items were shipped from the UK when the reality was he was in Brazil as well as his feedback being on the negative side. Oh well......

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:32 pm 
the great maus detective

Here's mine, not counting the incredible replicas of other albums sent to me by j0rdan, nor the cool pins and magnets from kate. I'm probably most proud of the Pedestrian Pop Hits CD which I never expected to find in a store but I did.

[ img ]

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:46 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

that is a pretty sexy thrash and burn you got there

8D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:48 am 
country maus

Here's a couple recent grabs, Lover Boy courtesy of Golddust and Live at Pacific Palace Aids courtesy of Kate! Couldn't be happier, thanks guys!

[ img ]

[ img ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:29 pm 

Daaaamn, das nice, j0rdan! what are the discs to pacific palace aids like? Just cd-rs?
[ img ]
I figure this'll be the easiest way to post a picture of my collection so far. My camera isn't working, and my cell phone cam won't cut it, But this folder is pretty much a collection of all my Ariel related cds, cassettes, vinyl and mp3s. You may think this is disorganised, but this is after cleaning it up. Before, I had 5 folders all named "Scared Famous/FF>>" and 3 Before Today's.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:09 pm 
anonymaus

I need dat FF+ :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:52 am 
country maus

Viewbob wrote:
Daaaamn, das nice, j0rdan! what are the discs to pacific palace aids like? Just cd-rs?
Yep, just a plain white CD-R
Castlevanyan wrote:
I need dat FF+ :shock:
I got u
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3n3U ... jEzRUFqRTA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:12 am 

Finally got my hands on the 2007 HEM version of Scared Famous,
This was pretty much my reaction to it.
[ img ]

Politely declined is awesome, tho!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:18 pm 
anonymaus

First time poster, here. But I've been watching for a while. Figured I should post 'cus why not?

I have a very modest collection:

LP:
Pom Pom
Worn Copy

CD:
The Doldrums (coming in the mail; gonna bump that bad boy in the car stereo all day)

Miscellaneous:
I have two shirts from that collaboration he did with WHOLE. I have the Attention! Dubsyde shirt and the Burn-Out Group shirt. They are comfy af.

I eventually plan on getting my hands on more of his physical releases, but the money ain't there at the moment.

By the way, viewbob, what is that xhol (1996) folder? I don't think I've ever seen that before.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:41 pm 

CoalFelps wrote:
By the way, viewbob, what is that xhol (1996) folder? I don't think I've ever seen that before.
Welcome to l'espace des maus, Coal! Unfortunately, that's a cassette of Sean's (It's a long story I can't explain without going over the text limit) that I wasn't able to figure out how to rip before he came back from camping.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:39 am 
anonymaus

That's a shame, but thanks for the answer on that one, viewbob.

I've got a question that's been gnawing at me: Where did you guys get the CDs of the full FF>>/Scared Famous and House Arrest/Lover Boy albums. I would kill to have those. Pardon me if it's a dumb question, but I just haven't seen anything on discogs or anywhere else.