Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:49 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:43 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

That is quite a find, VB! impressive, now you're the go-to person for Ariel !!!
I was surprised to see no one has the Added Pizzazz EP vinyl in their collection

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:58 pm 
country maus

Okay here's a pic of it! http://imgur.com/tK6bMqZ like I said, I spilled too gone all over the inserts, causing the ink to get all washed out, so, I'll post more pics when I finish printing out copies of the inserts.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:27 pm 
country maus

Damn that is such a lucky find! Just like when that guy found Maus' Love Letters From Hell at a used record shop. Nicely done! :victory:

App I wasn't really a fan of that one, or the shits and giggles LP, so they're both kind of low on the list, although I do plan on buying them someday

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:39 pm 
country maus

j0rdan wrote:
Just like when that guy found Maus' Love Letters From Hell at a used record shop.
When and where did this happen?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:50 pm 
country maus

On the forums, I think Lady Lazarus ended up buying it? Try searching around

Edit: It was actually "I Want To Live!"

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:00 am 
country maus

Finally got a copy of Mature Themes on vinyl. Ordered it new from a local record store for only about $11.50 US and was pleasantly surprised it had a gatefold cover and included a CD of the album, too!

And I will finally be receiving a copy of the BBP Lover Boy thanks to the generous golddust! :victory:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:40 am 
country maus

j0rdan wrote:
And I will finally be receiving a copy of the BBP Lover Boy thanks to the generous golddust! :victory:
Nice! You're gonna be broke for the next six years with all this cool Ariel related stuff coming in!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:48 am 
anonymaus

[ img ]

My yas came in! :victory: don't mind the picture I'll post better ones of the other part of the cover&cdr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:11 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

that is pretty sweet!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:31 am 
country maus

Very nice! I think I saw that one on discogs if I'm not mistaken?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:26 am 
country maus

Castlevanyan wrote:
My yas came in! :victory: don't mind the picture I'll post better ones of the other part of the cover&cdr
Nice! I was eyeing that discogs listing, but am ultimately too poor for such items. What tracklist does this one have?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:03 am 
anonymaus

Yeah from discogs. It was my birthday earlier this month so I bought myself a few things :float: I also have that 2008 tour CDr from there coming in, admittedly more than I would normally spend but I have a feeling if another popped up in a year they'd be even pricier. Track listing is the same as the one on the discography somebody made, although mastering isn't as loud and run time is a minute and a half longer because of pauses between the tracks

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:45 am 
anonymaus

Hi all -

I'm a record and book collector, lover of physical objects. I'm a late-comer to Ariel, from hearing Beverly Kills on Sirius XMU about 6 years ago. I wrote for Pitchfork in the late 90s but went away from indie and into the electronic music netherworld for quite awhile. I was also on the east coast so even further removed from Ariel's whole scene. Anyway, he's become my absolute favorite artist during these past years. I think he is criminally underrated in the industry as a whole, as a songwriter and arranger (I was a professional composer in my previous career) and cannot get enough of him. I was hoping discogs had enough penetration by now to collect basically all his stuff since price is no object for me, but there's not much there if one is to go by the AP wikipedia page anyway. Some of you guys have some great collections. I'm quite envious. Up until now I've only listened digitally but I'm really wanting to dive head first into getting everything possible I can from him. The only thing I actually own is an LP of Before Today, still unopened.

Is there a discography site for him that is very fan-oriented/completist with photos and tracklists, etc., or is the wikipedia page still the best thing that exists? I'd love to use something as a starting point to check off from. I previously collected Saint Etienne and really enjoy finding rarities appear on discogs/ebay and slamming the buy button.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:52 am 
anonymaus

Oh, I do have one awesome thing I wanted to share with you guys. Ariel did a show over in Liverpool awhile back. Gary McGarvey (aka youresomehorse) did an amazing poster for the show which caught my eye while googling around once. I tracked down the artist and found out that there was a printing issue and the poster which was supposed to be merch at the show was never printed. i paid him a good bit and he printed up a 1 of 1 unique giclee print of it. Here is a photo of it:

[ img ]

I love posters!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:38 am 
country maus

basehead617 wrote:
Hi all -

I'm a record and book collector, lover of physical objects. I'm a late-comer to Ariel, from hearing Beverly Kills on Sirius XMU about 6 years ago. I wrote for Pitchfork in the late 90s but went away from indie and into the electronic music netherworld for quite awhile. I was also on the east coast so even further removed from Ariel's whole scene. Anyway, he's become my absolute favorite artist during these past years. I think he is criminally underrated in the industry as a whole, as a songwriter and arranger (I was a professional composer in my previous career) and cannot get enough of him. I was hoping discogs had enough penetration by now to collect basically all his stuff since price is no object for me, but there's not much there if one is to go by the AP wikipedia page anyway. Some of you guys have some great collections. I'm quite envious. Up until now I've only listened digitally but I'm really wanting to dive head first into getting everything possible I can from him. The only thing I actually own is an LP of Before Today, still unopened.

Is there a discography site for him that is very fan-oriented/completist with photos and tracklists, etc., or is the wikipedia page still the best thing that exists? I'd love to use something as a starting point to check off from. I previously collected Saint Etienne and really enjoy finding rarities appear on discogs/ebay and slamming the buy button.
Discogs is pretty much your best bet. Most of the stuff listed on Wikipedia is still unreleased (Nile, Kids on Drugs, Vital Pink, etc.) while the stuff on discogs is everything that is currently available (physically or digitally). Keep checking discogs, add stuff to your wantlist, and eventually stuff will pop up! It takes a while to get a nice collection, especially the rarer stuff that only pops up once in a blue moon.

And you should rip open that Before Today LP! It's probably the most commonly available AP record, and vinyl is made to be listened to! :dancparty: