Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:55 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:30 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

HalfMachineLipsMove wrote: *
Sorry, but I am big time fucking disappointed these aren't going to be issued in CD. I can't count the number of times I've ordered vinyl and received warped/damaged pressings either through faulty pressings or simply the carrier fucking things up. Being able to rip from disc to FLAC securely is a big part of why I purchase CDs over vinyl. Even if it's for some poorly recorded chunes like this - i would rather have it digitally backed up in lossless. I'll gladly spend the necessary amount on the MP3s, but I would have been more than willing to spend $500 on a box set with vinyl, cd, and mp3 or whatever the fuck combination through mexican summer. Ariel can keep bankrolling his meth habit from Cameo, he ain't getting $200 bucks from me for this kitchen club bullshit.
I understand your frustration, but that personal bit on Ariel (bankrolling meth habit) was uncalled for. I hope you were just being dramatic.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:12 am 
anonymaus

Im frickin broke right now but I went and joined the Kitchen Club yesterday. I was sort of floundering on it, as the only previously released album on the list I am missing is Underground but remastered? Well that changes things.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:48 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

AppTrans wrote: *
Sorry, but I am big time fucking disappointed these aren't going to be issued in CD. I can't count the number of times I've ordered vinyl and received warped/damaged pressings either through faulty pressings or simply the carrier fucking things up. Being able to rip from disc to FLAC securely is a big part of why I purchase CDs over vinyl. Even if it's for some poorly recorded chunes like this - i would rather have it digitally backed up in lossless. I'll gladly spend the necessary amount on the MP3s, but I would have been more than willing to spend $500 on a box set with vinyl, cd, and mp3 or whatever the fuck combination through mexican summer. Ariel can keep bankrolling his meth habit from Cameo, he ain't getting $200 bucks from me for this kitchen club bullshit.
what a nerd :'(
Says the person who I presume is willing to spend $200 on an obsolete medium being peddled by whoever wants to capitalize on hipster/boomer nostalgia?
nope. says the person who knows what he is talking about.

:wave:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:28 am 
little maus on the prairie

I'd much rather have CD reissues too, vinyl doesn't interest me anymore, pressing quality these days is very hit and miss. What I'd really love would be 24 bit hi-res FLAC files but I doubt that's happening, Slightly OT but I wonder if he's gonna tour to promote the remasters, although am I right in thinking he said he was done with touring for a while?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:42 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

thank you for the valid opinion and thanks for not being a jerk about it like the other guy. i would have liked to see both formats. maybe even some limited cassette releases would've been pretty rad.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:52 pm 
country maus

Late, but if you want them on CD, write to Mex on social media! They have basically all they need to produce CDs, for basically no extra cost, they just don't think they'd sell.

In the past, Mex has been pretty susceptible to fan requests, and I think if we showed them that there was a market for it, they'd happily supply!

EDIT: Trust me, pressing quality is NOT an issue. Not sure how much I can say (feel so authoritative saying that lol), but they're being pressed at an EXCEPTIONAL plant!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:54 pm 
country maus

j0rdan wrote: *
I want new artwork... not necessarily NEW, but as close to the original releases as possible, eg. the original doldrums cover with the extra words, etc. and new song outtakes/alternate versions.
You got it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:26 pm 
anonymaus

Viewbob, I remember you posting a youtube clip of a like 2 min or less song that had kind of chunky, Underground or Thrash n Burn vibes that you said had been excavated off of one of the tapes from the archival. Did you have to take that down and do you know if it's gonna appear on anything from this collection? I was really into it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:55 pm 
anonymaus

Viewbob wrote: *
Late, but if you want them on CD, write to Mex on social media! They have basically all they need to produce CDs, for basically no extra cost, they just don't think they'd sell.

In the past, Mex has been pretty susceptible to fan requests, and I think if we showed them that there was a market for it, they'd happily supply!

EDIT: Trust me, pressing quality is NOT an issue. Not sure how much I can say (feel so authoritative saying that lol), but they're being pressed at an EXCEPTIONAL plant!
So are CD's a for sure thing or are you saying if we want the albums in CD format that we should contact Mexican Summer via social media? If that's the case then I wouldn't mind trying to contact Mexican Summer about that, because although I don't mind the fact that they're being pressed on vinyl and I already bought the kitchen club bundle, but I would love to have them on CD as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:17 am 
country maus

I can't say anything for sure, but it would totally be no skin off their nose. In other words, if we want them, we have to let Mex know on social media.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:10 pm 
anonymaus

So I got in contact with Mexican Summer on Instagram and they said...

"Thanks for writing in - Just to clarify, we're not ruling out CD's. Ariel Archives is a big project, lots more to come. Stay tuned ✌."

I took a screenshot of the message, but I don't know how to upload it haha. I posted it on Reddit though

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:54 am 
country maus

twicepipes wrote: *
Viewbob, I remember you posting a youtube clip of a like 2 min or less song that had kind of chunky, Underground or Thrash n Burn vibes that you said had been excavated off of one of the tapes from the archival. Did you have to take that down and do you know if it's gonna appear on anything from this collection? I was really into it.
W-what. No you... didn't pssssh
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but even if it is going to b-PLANNED to be on any future comp of some sort, I wouldn't know ha haha. ha. :sneaky: