Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:13 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:10 pm 
anonymaus

I wish I could find the interview now, but Don Bolles recently confirmed a new album was recorded, with a ton of tracks probably a double album anybody else know the article I'm talking about?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:55 pm 
anonymaus

here?

http://www.laweekly.com/music/punk-lege ... ls-7658691

"Pom Pom was the first album I did with Ariel, and it should have been album of the year on even more lists than it ended up on, but 4AD didn't really push it at all, which is just criminal, in my honest opinion. An amazing album that I was proud to be a part of, nonetheless. As is the new one. We've been working on it for a few months, and I really dig every song on it; so far there are 20 [songs]. Ariel is one of the best and most prolific songwriters I have ever known, along with Greg Gomberg of The Centimeters and Jack Name, and the scope of this new record is as wide and varied as Pom Pom, and so far as I can tell it's gonna be a killer follow-up to what is really an impossible album to follow."

Long time lurker.
Very excited for new material

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:34 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

good to meet you, darkcarpet! for a second I was thinking your name was darkcarpenter, which would be a good cover band idea: The Dark Carpenters
anyway, thanks for the link! Pumped for an imminent Ariel release

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:33 pm 
anonymaus

So very pumped to the max, that new chorus to that time dandelion rework has been stuck in my head since i saw that rough video on YT... thanks much for the friendly welcome. LOlz someone really should bring that cover band to life!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:25 am 
little maus on the prairie

hammywhammy wrote:

the second one sounds very maus-y! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:56 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Miss you FM! Please drop by every so often!
Man the Ariel album anticipation is so intense!!!
:happy:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:10 pm 
the great maus detective

This may be the longest he's gone between releases. Excepting collaboration singles, of course. This next album should be a doozy!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:46 pm 
little maus on the prairie

AppTrans wrote:
Miss you FM! Please drop by every so often!
Man the Ariel album anticipation is so intense!!!
:happy:
:truluv: i wanna try to get more involved here again, especially with new ariel and maus works on the way

~the one thing i'm hoping for with the new ariel album is that the mixing won't be the same as pom pom. i didn't notice it for the first year of listening to pom pom because of the excitement of hearing new songs, but looking back now, the whole thing feels very sterile and. . i don't know, too perfect, or polished or something, and at some points it almost feels like a joke compared to all his previous work --all of ariel's work has elements of comedy, but it didn't feel as sincere on pom pom (to me)-- like, comparing pom pom to before today, aesthetically, it's not even close to BT, or even MThemes. as far as the songs themselves go, there are 7-8 songs on PP that i still reallllllyy love, but even those songs feel a little less great to me because of the particulars of the mix, the compression, the limiting, etc --am i the only one?? it's like on all of ariel's previous albums, the songs all had their own feel, but on PP they all adhere to a certain range of frequencies, volume levels, and other things that make the album feel polished and average in some ways as a whole -i'd heard from someone that PP was rushed at the end to be done in time to get everything pressed. don't know if that's true or not, but maybe that had something to do with the mediocre mixes

i feel hopeful for the new album though, i got to talk to natalie merring for a few minutes at a show last fall, and she was saying, in addition to her collab with ariel, that he had been working on a new album and that he was taking his time with it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:14 pm 
john everymaus

pom pom was super loud, and that was something I appreciated about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:00 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

i can kind of agree with fieldmaus to a point. i would say that pom pom doesn't even touch the early stuff with all the mouthdrum glory. but i must say i feel pom pom is head and shoulders above before today and mature themes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:41 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I still like pom pom |:o
here's to the next LP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:51 am 
anonymaus

I can't believe it was teased so long ago and apparently recorded so long ago but hasn't come out..

Maybe there was 4AD drama and all that label stuff is being sorted out now..