Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:35 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:28 am 
anonymaus

[ img ]

http://forums.hipinion.com/viewtopic.ph ... start=1350

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:15 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

not feeling sorry for Ariel in the slightest. I read about that stuff with Charles at the show...don't disrespect women - it's not cool.
yeah, pretty disenchanting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:01 pm 
mausketeer

This is from Charles regarding the "incident" at the chaple in SF:

"Hey this is charlotte ariels girlfriend. Damn. I'm so bummed out by this. Not as much as ariel though. We were just playing around and feeling rambunctious. No one was injured. All he did was straddle me for Peet's sake. Too "theatrical" I guess.
ariel is such a lamb. And I own his ass. No one needs to be worried. We just love each other and got "a little wild". Maybe I looked uncomfortable because it's only my second time playing aNd don't know how to "act" about "shit. Again sorry for wigging people out have a good night y'all"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:50 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

people paid to see that show and have a good time. A shame

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:30 am 
anonymaus

I was there, "theatrical" is disingenuous. There's a reason so many people left. I absolutely don't blame her at all for any of what happened or her response to it, but pinning someone down while drunk isn't "theatrics." I'll go into more detail privately if people are curious, but I don't see value in airing the exact specifics in public. The whole thing was gross. Maybe worth noting that she didn't come out with the rest of the band like the night before, and only came out to lip sync the two DtBJ songs before leaving again.

I convinced myself to go to the second night for John, and Ariel's response just made things worse. He did his little diatribe about "fuck you if you left after that," talked "wrestling with his 18 year old girlfriend" and joked about not touching her. Someone in the balcony shouted "shut the fuck up" when Don & Ariel were joking about "how much fun they had last night," and it got a pretty good crowd reaction. He was trying to pull some weird persecution complex "the tabloids exaggerate everything" schtick, but it doesn't really hold water when you're telling that to people who watched it happen the night before. I think these were my fifth and sixth Ariel shows, but I'm skipping tonight and tomorrow. Just can't do it.

John was great both nights, obviously.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:03 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

too bad you had to bow out after getting tickets, that is a bummer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:01 pm 
little maus on the prairie

It's an interesting subject to think about and discuss, does your appreciation of an artist's music lessen with the realisation that they aren't that nice of a person in real life?. I must admit I love Ariel's music but i've come to realise over the years he's a pretty messed up person.
Obviously the people who witnessed the incidents of the last few days know exactly what they saw and no apology or excuse from anyone is going to change that so I guess what i'm asking is does that effect your appreciation of his music and would you stop buying his albums/seeing him live?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:52 am 
anonymaus

wowiezowie wrote: *
so I guess what i'm asking is does that effect your appreciation of his music and would you stop buying his albums/seeing him live?
Absolutely. Who wants these I feel dirty owning them.
[ img ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:56 am 
anonymaus

You forgot to hashtag it

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:56 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

ariel's a good dude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:27 pm 
country maus

sadsadsad wrote: *
Absolutely. Who wants these I feel dirty owning them.
[ img ]
Well then, I'd be more than happy to relieve your existential pains!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:07 am 
anonymaus

Ariel just apologized to the whole thing on Twitter.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:26 pm 
anonymaus

given the surfeit of hit pieces and accusations right now this is probably the best time to have one come out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:35 pm 
john everymaus

https://www.stereogum.com/1967825/ariel ... d-it/news/

You can't stop the press

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:07 pm 
john everymaus

And now pitchfork too. This has spiraled a bit. On twitter a record store announced they were pulling Ariel's albums from the shelves. They're just taking part in the machine--I tried to call them out for consistency. It sure is easy to pull the LPs by someone who doesn't move a lot of units. Will Zeppelin and Rolling Stones albums get pulled? Rock has had many abusers. To forgive them for being apart of a different time period or something is as good as Weinstein excusing himself for being a "dinosaur who grew up in the 60s."

I understand why people are upset, and they should be. But it doesn't mean this can't be an ongoing discussion.