Honeydrum

Discuss all things Ariel Pink related here.

Re: Honeydrum

Postby AppTrans » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:55 pm

and i'm posting as much as possible so i can have my title changed from "city maus" to "mausochist" :lol:
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby batmania » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:23 pm

AppTrans wrote:I hear more from the 60s and 70s than the 80s...maybe deliberately neo psych 80s akin to XTC (Dukes) and Cleaners. Both bands I love.
Did you finish Retromania? I gotta finish up some other books before I go for that throat

no, more like being finished by my engineering degree haha. i will read it once the holidays roll around. you've read rip it up, right? i also got that lords of chaos book about black metal, so it's a tossup between those two as to what i read first. i'm a poseur when it comes to smart stuff like books. i have lots and lots, only a small percentage have been read.

i remember ariel mentioned how he loved seeking out bootlegs in the early days (the whole idea of the superfan, being a "better fan" etc). this could have influenced his music. a lot of demos by even the most famous bands sound like ariel, only difference is ariel's songs are fully fleshed out "demos", with every tape jam-packed and bounced several times, while the demos of his rock heroes were just rough drafts for the real thing. also the internet is a goldmine for that stuff now :sherlock:

i need to properly listen to xtc, thanks for reminding me :victory:

AppTrans wrote:and i'm posting as much as possible so i can have my title changed from "city maus" to "mausochist" :lol:

haha, i wonder who thought of these.
batmania
mausketeer

Postby AppTrans » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:30 pm

yeah, check out Dukes of Stratosphear, the XTC side neo psych alter ego
25 O'Clock is a great, dynamic homage to the Electric Prunes song I Had Too Much to Dream (Last Night)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGF7o_I4mAw
I like how these threads morph into something better!
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby possiblegrenade » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:32 pm

AppTrans wrote:btw, that ain't a blast at you, PG! i respect everyone's taste on this forum :happy:

Oh I wouldn't think it!

I enjoy these types of conversations, and this forum in particular I find to have less snobby people than other ones I've been on.
possiblegrenade
country maus

Postby AppTrans » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:35 pm

|:o
damn now i wanna put on Drums and Wires!
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby AppTrans » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:38 pm

possiblegrenade wrote:
AppTrans wrote:btw, that ain't a blast at you, PG! i respect everyone's taste on this forum :happy:

Oh I wouldn't think it!

I enjoy these types of conversations, and this forum in particular I find to have less snobby people than other ones I've been on.

that's because we're boss and better than everyone else! and here to support John !
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Previous

Return to Talk