Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:21 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: coL - Seventeen
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:15 am 
little maus on the prairie

So, I really dig this song "seventeen" by coL, but does anyone know of a version of the song that's like, actual music? More specifically, one that doesn't have that insufferable single keyboard note droning on. Or, my Audacity people, is there a tool for that which I'm overlooking?

Post subject: Re: coL - Seventeen
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:50 am 
anonymaus

Haven't heard the song, but I think I have an idea of what you are trying to do. I use Reaper, but I bet Audacity has similar types of plugins.

For this sort of issue, I use a multi-band compressor to compress the specific frequency that's causing problems and lower the annoying part in the mix. I specifically use Waves "LinMB". You could also just use regular eq, but it may muddy up the mix because it will dip the frequency the entire time, instead of just when the note is hit. Waves also has a plugin call "x-crackle" that may be able to cut some of it out, depending on what frequency it is. These are paid plugins, but if you google "Free multi-band compressor" and/or "free de-noiser/de-crackle plugin" I think there are a lot of free options. You may want to look up VST versions, because I believe that is the type Audacity uses.

Not sure if this is useful info or what you are looking for!