Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:36 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3437 posts ]  Go to page « 128 29 30 31 32230 »
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:22 am 
Offline
country maus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:01 pm
Posts: 322
Location: Not just some hipster in Brooklyn, New York
Burnt Ones - Black Teeth & Golden Tongues


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:22 pm 
Offline
¯\(º_o)/¯
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:36 pm
Posts: 1604
Location: New England, USA
andrewmilam wrote:
LadyLazarus wrote:
[ img ]
The GO? Awesome, have you checked out that cassette box set Burger Records put out?
Just Fiesta so far, but that is next on deck. Hard to believe this is the band that gave us Jack White. I am completely crazy for Burger Records. I love every beautiful long-haired, weed-toking nut on their roster. I've had to buy a cassette to mp3 converter so I can rip all of it to my 'portable device.'


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:46 am 
Offline
anonymaus

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:31 pm
Posts: 75
Location: Davenport, IA
LadyLazarus wrote:
andrewmilam wrote:
LadyLazarus wrote:
[ img ]
The GO? Awesome, have you checked out that cassette box set Burger Records put out?
Just Fiesta so far, but that is next on deck. Hard to believe this is the band that gave us Jack White. I am completely crazy for Burger Records. I love every beautiful long-haired, weed-toking nut on their roster. I've had to buy a cassette to mp3 converter so I can rip all of it to my 'portable device.'
Well, they did not "give" us Jack White. Jack White was in the band for a couple of months (maybe a year) and when they got signed to Sub Pop they had creative differences and he left to go do his own thing.
Burger records is amazing!!! King Tuff ,La sera, The Garden and The Black lips the list goes on!!! (most of those just had their music released under them)


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:52 am 
Offline
country maus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:01 pm
Posts: 322
Location: Not just some hipster in Brooklyn, New York
Got a Burgerama show lined up for Friday (Pop Zeus, A. Rex & J. Rex, Hector's Pets and Las Rosas), and also Peach Kelli Pop with Wyatt Blair on bass on the 26th, Warm Soda (although not sure if I can go, might have visitors staying :(), Jaill...
Hoping to catch Redd Kross in early April as well, their shows are being presented by Lee of Burger and feature Burger guests (I know Detroit gets The Go, not sure who they will bring to NYC yet). 2 King Khan & BBQ Show gigs with Bloodshot Bill (at Santos Party House and at Glasslands on the 11th and the 13th)!
Next is the late April jaunt to the UK to see NOBUNNY two days in a row!! :truluv:
Jacuzzi Boys and Mikal Cronin with Shannon & The Clams in June!!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:09 pm 
Offline
little maus on the prairie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:05 am
Posts: 279
Question for LL and MA. I am going to the second day of Burgerama at the Observatory. I've only heard APHG (obviously), Allah Lahs, and I saw the Cosmonauts recently. What bands would you recommend I'd see?
[ img ]


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:25 pm 
Offline
country maus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:01 pm
Posts: 322
Location: Not just some hipster in Brooklyn, New York
Oh my god, I would see them ALL to be honest!
Dixie Band and Hindu Pirates are the only 2 on the bill I'm not as familiar with. I would strongly urge you to see Gap Dream though, I caught them last year in some shitty 'art space' venue and they were just amazing. Gabe is also a super cool human being. Check out this track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEgeGHFZUCE

King Tuff!
White Fence!
Hunx!
The Memories!
Shannon!
Natural Child!
Fletcher C. Johnson! (saw him during the CMJ showcase and he's also great - no frills feel-good rock 'n' roll)
Tomorrow's Tulips!
Guantanamo Baywatch!

ARGHH, can you tell I wish I were going???

I would DEFINITELY see King Tuff, Hunx, Gap Dream, and The Memories if I had to pick. And Shannon & The Clams. And Guantanamo Baywatch. Hahahaha...


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:36 pm 
Offline
¯\(º_o)/¯
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:36 pm
Posts: 1604
Location: New England, USA
I will second everything MA just said, especially the 'I WISH I WAS GOING' part! :sadluvparty:


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:52 pm 
Offline
¯\(º_o)/¯
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm
Posts: 3940
Location: Pennsylvania
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:06 pm 
Offline
little maus on the prairie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:05 am
Posts: 279
MadamAnt wrote:
Oh my god, I would see them ALL to be honest!
Dixie Band and Hindu Pirates are the only 2 on the bill I'm not as familiar with. I would strongly urge you to see Gap Dream though, I caught them last year in some shitty 'art space' venue and they were just amazing. Gabe is also a super cool human being. Check out this track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEgeGHFZUCE

King Tuff!
White Fence!
Hunx!
The Memories!
Shannon!
Natural Child!
Fletcher C. Johnson! (saw him during the CMJ showcase and he's also great - no frills feel-good rock 'n' roll)
Tomorrow's Tulips!
Guantanamo Baywatch!

ARGHH, can you tell I wish I were going???

I would DEFINITELY see King Tuff, Hunx, Gap Dream, and The Memories if I had to pick. And Shannon & The Clams. And Guantanamo Baywatch. Hahahaha...
Thank you! I think there's only two stages, so it'll be easy to go back and forth between bands. I wish you guys were going too! :dabbadeedabbadoo:


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:15 pm 
Offline
¯\(º_o)/¯
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm
Posts: 3940
Location: Pennsylvania
feeling so psychedelic this fine, sunny morning in hillbillyville
trip on out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ouW6WiuBWU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgjM4D6dKw0
( check out the mindblowing damin eih, a.l.k., and brother clark album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k827npNO ... sults_main )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYz0y-eKiQk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcFisXiCirk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToNohWIjIzo


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:49 am 
Offline
city maus
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:41 pm
Posts: 441
[ img ]


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:20 am 
Offline
¯\(º_o)/¯
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm
Posts: 3940
Location: Pennsylvania
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amha8sTY0I4
try this one my friends


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:22 am 
Offline
¯\(º_o)/¯
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm
Posts: 3940
Location: Pennsylvania
Harry wrote:
[ img ]
Oh hell yes! I think we're friends already man :happy:


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:34 am 
Offline
city maus
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:41 pm
Posts: 441
AppTrans wrote:
Harry wrote:
[ img ]
Oh hell yes! I think we're friends already man :happy:
ha! great. nice to know others here can appreciate weirdos.
why else would you be on mauspace though? :D

i found out about armand here...
http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/fe ... haubroeck/


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:18 pm 
Offline
¯\(º_o)/¯
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm
Posts: 3940
Location: Pennsylvania
He's from Rochester, where my dad grew up after he emigrated from Europe. I don't know too many musicians from there, though that's where the Eastman School of Music is, where my father studied opera (he was a tenor). Anyway, this Armand has some renowned guitar shop in that area, I think. That's how I found out about his records.
I'm going to post a list of favorite private press lps soon, so be on the lookout yuz :dancparty:


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3437 posts ]  Go to page « 128 29 30 31 32230 »

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to: 

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited