Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:16 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: NEW FROM EL TULE
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:27 pm 
mausketeer

TRACEY TRANCE - "The American Heartbeat"
[ img ]

Tracey Trance is a mysterious entity, never staying in one place for very long, constantly traveling with his beautifully painted organ and collection of thrift store keyboards. This tape is a collage of recordings of lo-fi organ and keyboard jams made in Lawrence Kansas, Bloomington Indiana, and Catskill New York. Almost as soon as you become accustomed to one of the many keyboard grooves, the tape lurches and another groove picks up immediately. Organs and electronic beats pulse and dance around an omnipresent level of tape hiss and static, sucking the listener down into a murky swamp of catchy keyboard hooks. Tracey Trance is definitely on his way to becoming a musician on par with contemporaries like James Ferraro and Peaking Lights.

SHEP AND ME - "Nasturtium Inertia"
[ img ]

I met Matt Himes, the man behind Shep and Me in Belfast, Maine last spring and I was instantly captivated by his music. Using a mix of incredible folk inspired guitar playing, tape loops, field recordings and his unique voice, he makes some of the eeriest, most engaging folk infused soundscapes I have ever heard. I imagine that Shep and Me sounds like a collection of old dust-bowl folk recordings that have been melted corroded and then discovered seventy five years later. Ghostly, haunting and beautiful are all adjectives that can be used to describe this tape.

ROB FUNKHOUSER - "Prevention and Suspension"
[ img ]

Everyone in Bloomington knows and loves Rob Funkhouser. He's everyone's favorite Hawaiian-shirt wearing party-attending, philosophy-spewing college student. Most people haven't heard his music yet though. Rob is an incredible percussionist and composer and this tape showcases both of these talents. Side A is an epic synth-based piece that could easily be the new soundtrack to chasing replicants through future Los Angeles. Side B is a haunting marimba composition recorded in an empty high school gymnasium. Both sides show that Rob is extremely talented and is deserving of much more recognition.

DYLAN ETTINGER - "Bread of the Dead" Special Edition
[ img ]
Classic El Tule tape re-released with brand new artwork. Another beautiful screen printed insert from our favorite printmaker, Kelly Filreis. Limited to 25 copies!

I also have some new distributed items available on the site as well!

You can order tapes at http://www.eltule.org or email me at tapeseltule@gmail.com