Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:25 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Saw Puro Instinct Live!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:52 am 
little maus on the prairie

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIT9no0AmyK ... lesscensor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:00 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I saw them twice, and they did a pretty good job live
the first time was in 2010, Ariel told me they were great and to check them out,
Ariel wasn't so impressed with the other group playing called Magic Kids

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:30 pm 

They were great! They are going in a different direction with their sound but it's fun and has an empowering message. They were very personable and thankful.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:25 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

pitilesscensor wrote:
They were great! They are going in a different direction with their sound but it's fun and has an empowering message. They were very personable and thankful.
It looks like it would have been an awesome time, I have yet to get their new album but wanna listen to it
I saw on that link you met a lot of great artists! I'm curious, how was it meeting Panda Bear? I have yet to see his live show |:o
also it would be cool to see Tame Impala, I'm just catching the late bus for them but really dig it!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:42 pm 

AppTrans wrote:
pitilesscensor wrote:
It looks like it would have been an awesome time, I have yet to get their new album but wanna listen to it
I saw on that link you met a lot of great artists! I'm curious, how was it meeting Panda Bear? I have yet to see his live show |:o
also it would be cool to see Tame Impala, I'm just catching the late bus for them but really dig it!!!
It's funny you should ask. I talked to Panda Bear about John and thanked him for signing Ariel. He said "He would have been signed anyway." He asked "Have you seen him (Maus) live?" I said not in person but I've seen videos. He likes John. Then we talked about PBMTGR. He was really nice and down to earth. He drew a picture on and signed my limited copy of PBMTGR.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:37 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Rad as heck! Also curious about your meeting the guy from Tame Impala, I am sure he is a nice dude!
yes, you must see John Maus, I only saw him once and was too nervous to talk to him but he seemed like a very nice person
Ariel was nice when I met him too, second time was when Kate was talking and hanging out with him, very cool people
I ran into Puro Instinct two times but never talked to them either!
Ran into Geneva Jacuzzi twice, she is super nice, I like how she talks and she is super smart, and very tiny, just like Ariel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:35 am 

AppTrans wrote:
Rad as heck! Also curious about your meeting the guy from Tame Impala, I am sure he is a nice dude!
yes, you must see John Maus, I only saw him once and was too nervous to talk to him but he seemed like a very nice person
Ariel was nice when I met him too, second time was when Kate was talking and hanging out with him, very cool people
I ran into Puro Instinct two times but never talked to them either!
Ran into Geneva Jacuzzi twice, she is super nice, I like how she talks and she is super smart, and very tiny, just like Ariel
The guy from Tame Impala is Kevin Parker. And, yes he was SUPER nice. He's unlike John in the sense that some guy was trying to discuss politics with him and he replied, "It's all about the music man." I was very nervous the first time I met him. I akwardly told him how his music had helped me through some tough times. He seemed touched and was speechless. He signed my copy of Innerspeaker and a really cool gig poster. I'll post a pic of the poster when I get a chance. They are hard to photograph accuarately with a phone.

The second time I met him there were tons of people hanging out after the show so I just grabbed an autograph and got a pic with him and my best friend from college. I talked to Jay Watson more the second time. He's also a really nice guy.