Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Any gigs lined up?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:09 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I went to see Ty Segall play a sit down show in London with White Fence on Sunday. It was far from An Acoustic Evening with Ty & Friends: I've never seen one man rock a chair so hard. Highlights for me were when he got up to pulverize the drums at the climax of "Man Man" and when he covered Love's "Live and Let Live," possibly one of my favorite songs of all time. I think I actually yelled when I heard the first note.
Also Ty is a great dude and was reaching over the press barrier to shake everyone's hand. I got to meekly say hello to him, thank him, and sort of squeak shrilly about how consistent he is throughout all of his various bands and side projects.
[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:56 pm 
john everymaus

Washed Out last night, and tonight... http://doublehappinessohio.com/events/2 ... -the-drips

[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:34 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Have fun and say hi to Stevie for me!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:17 pm 
john everymaus

He was incredible. Just him and a friend of his on guitar, and he only played 4(?) songs. The rest of the set was banter and soundcheck. Part concert part surrealist comedy show.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:00 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

The Space Lady has just announced a London show for April. I am screaming with excitement. :dabbadeedabbadoo:

Also coming up for my birthday week I have shows by The Garden and Holy Wave. Nothing on my actual birthday so far, though. My dream celebration is to see one of my favorite bands, but it never seems to work out that way!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:47 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Whoa ! Space Lady damn ! I hope she tours the East Coast too
god that would make me go to a show again
We shall shower you with gifts on your birthday LL :happy:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:25 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

:truluv:
The best gift anyone could give me on my birthday is their company (and maybe some bubbly, too).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:43 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

The Garden cancelled both of their UK dates, so no vada vada for me. :(

I heard twitter rumors of a Garden twins/Justin Raisen/Ariel Pink collaboration. Can anyone confirm or deny?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:38 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

LadyLazarus wrote:

I heard twitter rumors of a Garden twins/Justin Raisen/Ariel Pink collaboration. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Answered my own question! http://pitchfork.com/news/53734-ariel-p ... -raw-deal/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:53 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I saw The Orwells the first of this month supported by Silver Palms. I thought Mario was going to leave the stage in plaits because everyone played with his luscious locks in-between songs like it was some kinda sleepover. Annoyingly, the show was cut drastically short (much to the confusion of the band, who was ready to play an encore set). They were muscled off the stage by foreboding staff members to make way for some club night. This same thing happened when I saw Gary War. I was trying to have a conversation with him and they basically told him to pack up his stuff and get out. It really irritates me. Why overbook your venue and compromise the integrity of an event people have paid money to see? I suppose it is just that: the unyielding power of almighty dollar (or pound, in this instance). With club nights, you get the drinkers and the druggers who are going to spend all their money at the bar.

Next up, I have White Fang and Keel Her in London as part of the Repeater Festival: bands, ales, and art. Just like Heaven.
Then I see White Fang play again a couple of days later at a free show in Bristol.

Looking forward to Gap Dream and The Space Lady in April, and I get to see R Stevie again in May!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:51 am 
little maus on the prairie

I saw Geneva Jacuzzi open up for R. Stevie Moore a few weeks back. That was fun!

And Space Lady is playing on Friday. Really interested about that show.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:03 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I sincerely hope you went to that Space Lady show, Ricky. I am seeing her next week. Can't wait!

I had one of the highlights of my entire life happen mid-week when I saw Gap Dream in Bristol. I got to hang out with Gabe and Bobby all night, chatting with them about music, how seagulls are like screaming babies with wings, and how some of the older parts of Europe are so beautiful that you get a little misty-eyed. Gabe and I actually harmonised and said "Alan Howarth" at the same exact time when we were talking soundtracks. Also he told me one Ariel Pink is a frequent guest-lister at their shows. Apparently there is a lot of mutual appreciation going on there! I didn't get home until 5am. Such great people, such great music.

Last edited by LadyLazarus on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:14 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

LadyLazarus wrote:
I sincerely hope you went to that Space Lady show, Ricky. I am seeing her next week. Can't wait!

I had one of the highlights of my entire life happen mid-week when I saw Gap Dream in Bristol. I got to hang out with Gabe and Bobby all night, chatting with them about music, how seagulls are like screaming babies with wings, and how some of the older parts of Europe are so beautiful that you get a little misty-eyed. Gabe and I actually harmonised and said "Adam Howarth" at the same exact time when we were talking soundtracks. Also he told me one Ariel Pink is a frequent guest-lister at their shows. Apparently there is a lot of mutual appreciation going on there! I didn't get home until 5am. Such great people, such great music.
Hey , I don't know if the Space Lady will have shirts or even any kind of merchandise (including her helmet, haha) would you be able to pick something up for me and I would naturally pay you extra for postage and the like ! that would rock

Also I never heard of Gap Dream but should check them out!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:08 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Of course, it would be my pleasure, App! My sister and I are always picking stuff up for each other at shows, too, so I am happy to do it for you as well. Let me know what size tee, etc. you want and consider it done. :dancparty:

And yes, I would heartily recommend checking out Gap Dream: fellow John Maus/Gary War/Ariel Pink enthusiasts, who also love a bit of Giorgio Moroder and John Carpenter. Synthy, spaced out pop with killer beats. You can't really go wrong!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:46 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I am a medium! You're awesome LL :nod: