Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:33 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Any gigs lined up?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:41 am 
anonymaus

yay I'm seeing Ringo Deathstarr live tomorrow! it's the first time a nice and considerably underground band comes to my town (and will probably be the last for some great time...)
I'm so excited!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:19 pm 
anonymaus

Maus in Gent, Belgium:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs_W6IVH ... e=youtu.be :victory: :victory:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:31 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Thank you, appelmaus! I love the Crucifix dance party segment especially. I'm happy to see it still looks like he connects pretty easily with such a large audience.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:45 pm 
anonymaus

except for 1 dude :headscratch:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:53 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

That one dude doesn't even deserve the pity I'm inclined to send his way!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:32 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

"gigs"
i'm gonna go to a country barn stormer gig at the local bank. there'll be lots of cowboy hats and confederate flags about, even though this area is technically yankee territory.
then i'm going to the races and gonna get my neck exercises watching them cars go in circles. i can do this for hours on end and never get bored. funny, i get so bored of books.
then on sundee i'm gonna go to church, where my weekly sins vanish. It's okay to like your cousin in that way, ain't it big guy? gimme justificashun.

then i'm going to see Ariel Pink in two weeks, if I ever get rid of this fucking cold. :rage: Yeah, I know he's girly and queerish, and he don't have that raspy potato chip baritone of my favorite country artists, but i can't resist his charms (with a lisp)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:03 pm 
country maus

Yaaaay, appelmaus, was wondering where you'd gone to! :wave:

Tonight I'm going to see Mac DeMarco at Death By Audio in Williamsburg. I heard they have a rat problem in the toilets, so might make sure I have a good long waz before I leave the house. :creep:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:55 am 
hippopotamaus

I think I might go see RSM in October. Also: was PiL good?
:lol: at AppTrans's post...I actually knew someone who owns a Confederate flag! :headslap:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:41 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

PIL was good, but perhaps unfairly overshadowed by the excitement of me going to see John Maus the following night. The atmosphere was also marred by several drunken punters who felt they were the main event and assumed Lydon needed their support in telling the staff to fuck off and starting a fight which got me elbowed in the ribs. All these huge, hulking guys turned up out of nowhere at the end of their set, headbanging and giving me dreddie whiplash. I was a bit disappointed by the setlist (No 'Public Image?'), but the band was tight and you've got to love the cartoonish appeal of Lydon as a frontman. He's like everybody's favourite crazy uncle. The highlight for me was definitely 'Death Disco,' during which I pogoed until my hamstrings tweaked. The bass was so loud it was punching me in the throat.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:55 am 
country maus

On Wednesday I have yet another freebie, "Soundplay Game Jam" - The Chromatics and a DJ set from Oneohtrix Point Never at the New Museum on Bowery.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:27 am 
anonymaus

LadyLazarus wrote:
PIL was good, but perhaps unfairly overshadowed by the excitement of me going to see John Maus the following night. The atmosphere was also marred by several drunken punters who felt they were the main event and assumed Lydon needed their support in telling the staff to fuck off and starting a fight which got me elbowed in the ribs. All these huge, hulking guys turned up out of nowhere at the end of their set, headbanging and giving me dreddie whiplash. I was a bit disappointed by the setlist (No 'Public Image?'), but the band was tight and you've got to love the cartoonish appeal of Lydon as a frontman. He's like everybody's favourite crazy uncle. The highlight for me was definitely 'Death Disco,' during which I pogoed until my hamstrings tweaked. The bass was so loud it was punching me in the throat.

I'm hoping to see them in October if health permits. :dabbadeedabbadoo: It's good to hear that they're keeping current and moving forward with new material, but on the other hand I want my 'Public Image', 'Poptones' etc. I keep hearing nothing but good things about the current band he's got together.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:16 pm 
country maus

Went to Helmut Lang's FNO event last night for 2 live sets from La Sera. Cassie Ramone was also there watching the show (and trying to avoid being photographed!).
Here are 2 videos from the show I have uploaded to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-1uykkR ... ture=g-upl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiAPuUNH ... ture=g-upl

Tonight I'm seeing Bob Mould at Williamsburg Park!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:35 pm 
little maus on the prairie

Cool! These designers have cool music in their shows. I forgot which designer had a John Maus song recently. A Tropic of Cancer song will be one of the songs played during Helmut Lang's runaway show tonight.

Tropic of Cancer - The One Left
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuDxtP_w-dI

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:11 am 
country maus

Ooooh, I like that! Don't think I've heard them before.

I saw "Hey Moon" and "Do Your Best" were used by John Rocha for his London fashion week collection, proud to own some of his clothes now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C908ZYJbIxA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:17 pm 
little maus on the prairie

Very cool!

I'm seeing Chelsea Wolfe on Friday night. My friend recently told me about her and I was instantly attracted to her music. Plus she covers a Burzum song!