Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Your demo
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:38 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

MausterofDisguise wrote:
P.S.: "Heaven Wants More", it's a pretty good track. Did you pen/type the lyrics, LL? I'd like to read them if you're not too embarrassed. Good stuff, ladies and genitals
Thanks, Mauster! It's Hugo's song: I'll ask if I can get the lyrics for you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:38 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Coming with another tiresome disclaimer that he's ashamed of this song, but here are the lyrics:

The graveyard say it's not yet my time,
The steeple bell it doesn't yet chime,
You're feeling haunted by the skeleton calls,

Evil in the air
Evil in the ear
Evil in your rear
Evil in the air

Evil in your rear

Don't do it cos you're just wasting time
No saviour from your common demise
You're being taunted by the terrible calls

Repeat chorus, end.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:00 am 
anonymaus

Hello everybody!
Here's my stuffs, for people who are into that crazy psychedelic "chune-in, drop-out" shit....
I wrote/recorded this track the other day, all stuff is done by me and I'm open for all feedback!
https://soundcloud.com/lochie-noble/nightworm

Also, if ur interested, check out some of my other stuff too on SoundCloud, I'm also on the Youtube, so feel free to tap into that search bar mannnnn....
:delaware: :delaware: :delaware:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:37 am 
hippopotamaus

Good stuff! Also noticed you covered the Chills. A true patriot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:00 am 
anonymaus

Haha thanks man! Yeah going to see The Chills (along with The Flaming Lips) play at a festival in NZ soon should be gr8....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:47 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Good stuff, madcap! I'm enjoying your soundcloud stuff. And I'm now "following" you, so watch your step he heh heh :sneaky:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:00 am 
anonymaus

Thanks a lot! Haha you better watch yourself too buddy cuz' I'm following you back, who knows? We will probably walk into each other....lol
:kebab: :kebab: :kebab:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:44 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I've been putting this off for decades but I've finally uploaded my hardcore punk EP (recorded in 1992-93 on a 4-track). Until now I've shared it with maybe 10 people total. I added it to the Rare Goat bandcamp page but I recorded it using the alias Blasphart.

https://raregoat.bandcamp.com/album/denial-of-facts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:51 am 
anonymaus

Really cool man! Wow sounds pretty cool!
*downloaded*
:shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:32 am 
city maus

RareGoat wrote:
I've been putting this off for decades but I've finally uploaded my hardcore punk EP (recorded in 1992-93 on a 4-track). Until now I've shared it with maybe 10 people total. I added it to the Rare Goat bandcamp page but I recorded it using the alias Blasphart.

https://raregoat.bandcamp.com/album/denial-of-facts
are you using an alesis hr-16 for drums on that recording?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:47 am 
anonymaus

Hello out there, wanted to share a 14 track (demo) album I wrote and recorded in the early months of the year. Aside from a few close friends and family nobody has heard this. I have done nothing to promote other than a few posts on Facebook. 99% of my extremely small social circle has no use for anything I listen to or appreciate, and I figured this would be a great place to start since John and Ariel have been huge in the inspiration department over the years. Here it goes.

https://rodgerparlour.bandcamp.com/

I don't expect anyone to give a shit or be into it, we've all got more than enough music to listen to these days. But like I said, no one that might actually have a chance of appreciating this sound has ever heard it so I really don't know where I stand. Maybe some like minded individuals on here will. Any feedback would be appreciated, good or bad.

I'm also on soundcloud if you partake. There's a number of other songs posted there that I've been working on for an upcoming release. Probably too many.

https://soundcloud.com/rodgerparlour

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:05 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Harry wrote:

I think that was it, yeah!
Did you use one too?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:07 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

:dancparty:
rodger wrote:
Hello out there, wanted to share a 14 track (demo) album I wrote and recorded in the early months of the year. Aside from a few close friends and family nobody has heard this. I have done nothing to promote other than a few posts on Facebook. 99% of my extremely small social circle has no use for anything I listen to or appreciate, and I figured this would be a great place to start since John and Ariel have been huge in the inspiration department over the years. Here it goes.

https://rodgerparlour.bandcamp.com/

I don't expect anyone to give a shit or be into it, we've all got more than enough music to listen to these days. But like I said, no one that might actually have a chance of appreciating this sound has ever heard it so I really don't know where I stand. Maybe some like minded individuals on here will. Any feedback would be appreciated, good or bad.

I'm also on soundcloud if you partake. There's a number of other songs posted there that I've been working on for an upcoming release. Probably too many.

https://soundcloud.com/rodgerparlour

CHEERS!
looking forward to checking this out. I can always count on John/Ariel fans to come up with cool original stuff!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:02 am 
city maus

RareGoat wrote:
Harry wrote:

Did you use one too?
yup. i still have mine stored away somewhere. quite a handy device when i first started composing with a four track.
i got frustrated with it fairly quickly though as programming it became tedious and stole time away from actually creating music.
i wish i had thought of doing mouth drums at the time. i would have achieved so much more. then again, i suck at mouth drums anyway.

your recordings sounded so familiar to me and straight away i worked out that it could have been an alesis that you were using.
sorry to get all tech-nerd on y'all.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:16 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Harry wrote:
RareGoat wrote:
Harry wrote:

Did you use one too?
yup. i still have mine stored away somewhere. quite a handy device when i first started composing with a four track.
i got frustrated with it fairly quickly though as programming it became tedious and stole time away from actually creating music.
i wish i had thought of doing mouth drums at the time. i would have achieved so much more. then again, i suck at mouth drums anyway.

your recordings sounded so familiar to me and straight away i worked out that it could have been an alesis that you were using.
sorry to get all tech-nerd on y'all.
Recently I got my Alesis back out and thought about using it again. I even found the old instruction manual online somewhere. But honestly there is no way I'm going through the trouble to re-learn how to program that thing again. I'm amazed I once had the patience to compose on that thing. I'm strongly considering mouth drums (I've dabbled in it before, though I'm not especially good at it) or just household objects like hitting a book with a pencil.