Photos

Discuss previous and upcoming shows here.

Re: Photos

Postby AppTrans » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:58 pm

These are great pictures Ricky!!!
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby ricky » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Hopefully I can get close enough to him at FYF Fest to take some more photos.

This one was from July 12, 2011 at the Casbah. He always seems to take a moment to look over his setlist.
ricky
little maus on the prairie

Postby LadyLazarus » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm

Here are my pics from last night's INCREDIBLE Scala gig. Seriously, best night of my life. :dancparty:
https://www.facebook.com/?sk=cf#!/media/set/?set=a.10151209544867784.513246.640307783&type=1

Let me know if you can see those. Otherwise I may have to Photobucket it.
LadyLazarus
maus is missing

Postby AppTrans » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:08 pm

LadyLazarus wrote:Here are my pics from last night's INCREDIBLE Scala gig. Seriously, best night of my life. :dancparty:
https://www.facebook.com/?sk=cf#!/media/set/?set=a.10151209544867784.513246.640307783&type=1

Let me know if you can see those. Otherwise I may have to Photobucket it.

could you photobucket it? I don't have facebook
:truluv:
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby LadyLazarus » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Here you go, App. :truluv: You might want to start on page 4 as Photobucket posts it back to front for some reason.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v252/VMKLadyLazarus/JOHN%20MAUS/
LadyLazarus
maus is missing

Postby dean » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Wastelands festival uploaded their pics:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 8642346405

dean
maus is missing

Postby AppTrans » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:44 pm

LadyLazarus wrote:Here you go, App. :truluv: You might want to start on page 4 as Photobucket posts it back to front for some reason.

hey thanks! Intimate shots! Fantastic! I wish I could have had him sign my cds too. maybe if he tours the US again
btw, is that a NEW tour shirt??
edit: the black I Saw John Maus Live shirt
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby LadyLazarus » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:18 pm

AppTrans wrote:
LadyLazarus wrote:Here you go, App. :truluv: You might want to start on page 4 as Photobucket posts it back to front for some reason.

hey thanks! Intimate shots! Fantastic! I wish I could have had him sign my cds too. maybe if he tours the US again
btw, is that a NEW tour shirt??
edit: the black I Saw John Maus Live shirt

Glad you like! I was annoyed I got so many blurry ones, but honestly he did not stop moving for a second (and I had a hard time keeping still enough to focus as well). I think the shirts were leftovers because I was the first one to the merch stall and they only had size XL. So I got a couple of really nice sleep shirts for MA and myself! :D

Also John seems very particular about not wanting to spoil the CD artwork, especially being a guy who doesn't really get involved in the whole visual element of music. He even asked: "Are you sure you want me to write all over this?" and was very careful about signing my copy of Songs on the back rather than the front cover.
LadyLazarus
maus is missing

Postby pelleasetmelisande » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:29 am

LadyL, absolutely incredible that you were able to get so many pics, thank you thank you so much again!

And HA! the comment about not wanting to ruin the cover art is kinda precious.

Dean: thanks so much for the link to the Wastelands photos!!
pelleasetmelisande
anonymaus

Postby AppTrans » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:24 am

this is pic of John that's my wallpaper. my bro sent it to me when he saw him again last year
8D
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby LadyLazarus » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:53 am

Great pic, App. :nod: I have a John slidey show with a lot of my faves as my wallpaper. Even though I only saw him a few weeks ago I am greedy for more gigs. I wish there had been more than one UK date as I am completely hooked and would have gone to all of them! I truly think he has singlehandedly spoiled the guitar band experience for me.
LadyLazarus
maus is missing

Postby Eugenia » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:54 am

From his San Francisco show, Sept 3rd 2012. We talked after the show, he's such a great person!
Eugenia
anonymaus

Postby pelleasetmelisande » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Eugenia, that's great!! By the way, congrats on a year of being healthy.
pelleasetmelisande
anonymaus

Postby AppTrans » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:07 pm

whoa Eugenia, please tell us more! What did you discuss? :sherlock:
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby Eugenia » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:40 pm

@pelleasetmelisande: thank you so much!

@AppTrans: We talked about quite a few things actually. Some of it was a bit personal or semi-personal, so I can't get into details, sorry... I will only reveal his height: 6'4".
In the beginning, I didn't hear what he said, so we were both like: "what?", "what?", "what did you say", "what"? After that initial shock, it went fine. He's amazing! Always with a smile! It surely felt good that he recognized me btw, and he signed my vinyl without me telling him my name or who I was. 8D

I also met his brother, Kevin. I recognized Kevin immediately when I saw him alone before the show, heading out of the venue for a smoke. I had never seen him before, but he looked a lot like a John with shorter hair. The most telling thing though was the way he walked. He walks juuuust like John (they both have a very nice, distinctive walk). Kevin was such a nice guy too! Very, very kind and sweet! I told him that John should not have the monopoly in stardom, that he should publish some of his work. ;)

Got pictures with both. The one with John came out really nice, but the one with Kevin needed a flash (I had forgotten to set it back up after the show).

One thing about the great show: I have been into the specific club a lot of times (it's the club that usually features the "Pitchfork-endorsed" artists in SF), but I have NEVER seen the crowd not going away! After the show, they just stayed there, and the DJ had to ask them twice to leave! For all the other bands I've seen there, the crowd clears up within 2-3 minutes after the show. For John, they stayed put for a long time, even if it was clear that there wouldn't be an encore. I guess everyone wanted to speak to him!
Last edited by Eugenia on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eugenia
anonymaus

PreviousNext

Return to Shows