Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:21 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tour Dates
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:35 pm 
Offline
¯\(º_o)/¯
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:36 pm
Posts: 1598
Location: New England, USA
PaulPettinger wrote:
I'm still dying to witness John perform - still hoping it won't be too long until he returns to the UK.
That makes many of us! Been talking to a lot of people who also miss him and want him back here.
darkie wrote:
I'd like John Maus to visit Moscow, Russia! :dancparty:
Probably couldn't perform "Rights for Gays" there, though...

P.S. Sorry if that's a dick thing to say. I'm sure not everyone in the country agrees with the political agendas of its leader. I do legitimately wonder what sort of reception some artists would get there, however. I know Ariel recently spent some time in Russia and said it was one of his favorite places. The man wears ladies clothes and didn't go to prison during his visit, so perhaps it's not so bad!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tour Dates
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:30 pm 
Offline
anonymaus

Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:42 pm
Posts: 3
LadyLazarus wrote:
PaulPettinger wrote:
I'm still dying to witness John perform - still hoping it won't be too long until he returns to the UK.
That makes many of us! Been talking to a lot of people who also miss him and want him back here.
darkie wrote:
I'd like John Maus to visit Moscow, Russia! :dancparty:
Probably couldn't perform "Rights for Gays" there, though...

P.S. Sorry if that's a dick thing to say. I'm sure not everyone in the country agrees with the political agendas of its leader. I do legitimately wonder what sort of reception some artists would get there, however. I know Ariel recently spent some time in Russia and said it was one of his favorite places. The man wears ladies clothes and didn't go to prison during his visit, so perhaps it's not so bad!
Actually that's funny.

Even more funny is that Putin likes to reward gay singers with honor titles and medals.

[ img ]

[ img ]


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tour Dates
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:40 am 
Offline
¯\(º_o)/¯
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:36 pm
Posts: 1598
Location: New England, USA
Huh, no kidding.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tour Dates
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:00 am 
Offline
anonymaus
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:39 am
Posts: 15
Location: Buenos Aires - Argentina
John in Buenos Aires - Argentina
impossible?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tour Dates
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:37 am 
Offline
anonymaus
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:43 pm
Posts: 31
slightly annoyed I can't make any of these tour dates this time. just too much work OR he's playing a festival where I'm literally only interested in him. hopefully he comes back in 2018 when the boxset comes out. maybe this is like a year out of the academy for him where he'll hit the road a lot, do more festivals, etc.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tour Dates
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:05 pm 
Offline
¯\(º_o)/¯
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm
Posts: 3868
Location: Pennsylvania
I will be seeing John Maus and company in Philadelphia in February 2018. Haven't seen John since 2011 - very excited!!!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tour Dates
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:53 pm 
Offline
anonymaus

Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:42 pm
Posts: 2
Hi all — new here, been a fan of Maus and Ariel for a few years now, and have been excited to see the former's return to public life and new album.

Looking at all the tour dates in January and February, I notice the lack of Minnesota dates. Given that he's from here, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any special history here. Sorry if I'm gossip-hunting ("the romantic in me likes to think that you killed a man," possibly a cop).


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tour Dates
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:10 pm 
Offline
the great maus detective
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 12:28 am
Posts: 1293
Location: Atlanta
eatandoph wrote: *
Hi all — new here, been a fan of Maus and Ariel for a few years now, and have been excited to see the former's return to public life and new album.

Looking at all the tour dates in January and February, I notice the lack of Minnesota dates. Given that he's from here, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any special history here. Sorry if I'm gossip-hunting ("the romantic in me likes to think that you killed a man," possibly a cop).
My first guess is that Minnesotans probably embrace any excuse they can to get the hell out of Minnesota in those harshest winter months. :lol:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tour Dates
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:37 pm 
Offline
mausterious
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Posts: 1131
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Gibby wrote: *
slightly annoyed I can't make any of these tour dates this time. just too much work OR he's playing a festival where I'm literally only interested in him. hopefully he comes back in 2018 when the boxset comes out. maybe this is like a year out of the academy for him where he'll hit the road a lot, do more festivals, etc.
I hear you Dan, I only bought Le Guess Who? tickets to see John Maus. I'll have to get there early to make sure I'm in the room (they often overbook).

Last time I saw him was with you :)


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tour Dates
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:36 pm 
Offline
anonymaus
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:43 pm
Posts: 31
dean wrote: *
Gibby wrote: *
slightly annoyed I can't make any of these tour dates this time. just too much work OR he's playing a festival where I'm literally only interested in him. hopefully he comes back in 2018 when the boxset comes out. maybe this is like a year out of the academy for him where he'll hit the road a lot, do more festivals, etc.
I hear you Dan, I only bought Le Guess Who? tickets to see John Maus. I'll have to get there early to make sure I'm in the room (they often overbook).

Last time I saw him was with you :)
same (on the last time point). i was sorely tempted to head to Utrecht this weekend - had i known you were going i'd have been more pressed into it! my buddy Liam (not that one) is out there now and a good friend is working the Utrecht music fair too. and I'm sat in work! what a fool.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tour Dates
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:18 am 
Offline
mausterious
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Posts: 1131
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Just got back, saw Cate Le Bon, Shabazz Palaces, and John Maus. They closed the doors for John, there were hundreds there!

I’m not sold on the band, it was a super intense performance - no idea how he can keep doing that to himself every night. Pets is killer live, he played old and new... Maniac, Through the skies for you, Cop killer, And the rain, Do your best, Pure Rockets, Bombs away (opener), Believer (closer), and a few more that my tired brain can’t recall.... as mentioned though, I preferred every solo performance over this one.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tour Dates
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline
anonymaus

Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:33 pm
Posts: 1
Yo everyone !
Just passing by to share my video of Pets in Brussels last Friday
Impossibly pure show as the other two shows I saw in the space of two weeks.. (been waiting for 6 years)
I hope the Maus man has some divine source of energy in his pocket or something
Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlJSEcFG4uc


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tour Dates
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:41 am 
Offline
mausketeer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:23 pm
Posts: 156
Anyone going to the Durham show? Or the Atlanta show in February?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tour Dates
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:43 am 
Offline
mausketeer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:23 pm
Posts: 156
dean wrote: *
Just got back, saw Cate Le Bon, Shabazz Palaces, and John Maus. They closed the doors for John, there were hundreds there!

I’m not sold on the band, it was a super intense performance - no idea how he can keep doing that to himself every night. Pets is killer live, he played old and new... Maniac, Through the skies for you, Cop killer, And the rain, Do your best, Pure Rockets, Bombs away (opener), Believer (closer), and a few more that my tired brain can’t recall.... as mentioned though, I preferred every solo performance over this one.
I love Cate Le Bon! That's a great show.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tour Dates
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:40 pm 
Offline
¯\(º_o)/¯
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:36 pm
Posts: 1598
Location: New England, USA
Cate Le Bon is cool. I have a Welsh buddy who films for the BBC and is friends with her, so we went and saw her perform in London. There was a special guest appearance from Perfume Genius and they did a moving duet.

I bought a pair of tickets for John's New York Valentine's Day show hoping my boyfriend and I could go together, but he is still phD bound so I will have to miss it and travel to visit him instead. Was hoping the tour would take the guys to Australia in February so I could be greedy and have it all for my birthday.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to: 

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited