Your ideal set?

Discuss previous and upcoming shows here.

Re: Your ideal set?

Postby nikos » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:16 am

lul
nikos
little maus on the prairie

Postby possiblegrenade » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:13 am

What one song in particular is everyone's favorite to experience live? I didn't expect it but when I saw him last October I got really into the Streetlight.
possiblegrenade
country maus

Postby MausterofDisguise » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:49 am

I watched a bunch of his shows on YouTube recently and I noticed in two seperate performances of Streetlight he yelled something like "Fuck the police!!!!!" and maybe something after that which I couldn't make out. Did he do that when you saw him? Just watching these crappy YouTube videos pumps me up while I'm just sitting in a chair!
MausterofDisguise
john everymaus

Your ideal set?

Postby dean » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:23 am

possiblegrenade wrote:What one song in particular is everyone's favorite to experience live? I didn't expect it but when I saw him last October I got really into the Streetlight.

He ended with Believer at the las show I saw, I imagine he did for many of that tour. It is a glorious end to a set.

I think 'Rights for gays' is the real crowd pleaser though.
dean
maus is missing

Postby possiblegrenade » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:31 pm

Jacob wrote:I watched a bunch of his shows on YouTube recently and I noticed in two seperate performances of Streetlight he yelled something like "Fuck the police!!!!!" and maybe something after that which I couldn't make out. Did he do that when you saw him? Just watching these crappy YouTube videos pumps me up while I'm just sitting in a chair!

He didn't, but that sounds very interesting! I just remember when that one started I was jumping up and down and yelling "down in the streetlight!!" with John.

dean wrote:He ended with Believer at the las show I saw, I imagine he did for many of that tour. It is a glorious end to a set.

That song was truly meant to end sets. He did the same in Ohio.
possiblegrenade
country maus

Postby possiblegrenade » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:22 pm

I want to see The Fear live.
possiblegrenade
country maus

Postby fieldmaus » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:42 am

My ideal set would be(and in this order):

Heaven is Real
Molly
Pure Rockets
Crucifix
Tenebrae
Don't Worship The Devil
Too Much Money
Matter of Fact
The Enterprise
North Star
Quantum Leap
fieldmaus
mausketeer

Postby LadyLazarus » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:58 pm

I can't say specifically what my ideal set is, but I sincerely hope he plays "Just Wait Till Next Year" the next time I see him. I think it might be worth him considering mixing it up with some of his slower compositions to give himself a break (and then maybe we could watch him for a while longer before he is on the brink of self-combustion). I know there is much to be said for the 100% engaged, full throttle, violently physical approach, but I think "The Silent Chorus" is one of his greatest moments and I would love to see that live.

Also on the topic of youtube videos, I got talking to my new friend from Turkey (He found me on twitter via one of my Maus pictures: I don't know if he's on here or not) about shows. He linked me to a clip of this John Maus gig he attended in Istanbul in 2011. He remarked on how intimate the show was and said he was hoping for John to return to a dive bar on some cold winter night in the future to relive the experience.
This is the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tux4t_sYgk. You can see a couple of guys actually launching themselves onto John's shoulders, piggybacking, slinging their arms around him and singing with him. One of the most incredible things I've ever witnessed. John doesn't seem to miss a beat and just carries on. I read earlier about a show in England where he just kept on playing when a small portion of the ceiling collapsed onto the makeshift stage. I must say, I think John Maus has a lot more punk rock spirit than a lot of these self-proclaimed 'punk' artists of today who just brand themselves with some fashionably sneery Identikit attitude. Punk to me is all about community and being 'real,' whatever that is. John's transparency and raw energy in the live situation definitely speaks volumes to me.
LadyLazarus
maus is missing

Previous

Return to Shows