Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:26 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:14 pm 

man this is awesome :float:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:59 am 
anonymaus

It is "sex with Gary Hart". A US politician known for his sexual indiscretions that ruined his political career.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:38 am 
mausterious

oooo :sneaky:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Hart
Quote:
Rumors began circulating nearly immediately that Hart was having an extramarital affair. In an interview that appeared in the New York Times on May 3, 1987, Hart responded to the rumors by daring the press corps: "Follow me around. I don't care. I'm serious. If anybody wants to put a tail on me, go ahead. They'll be very bored." The Miami Herald had been investigating Hart's rumored womanizing for weeks before the "dare" appeared in the New York Times. Two reporters from the Miami Herald had staked out his residence and observed an attractive young woman coming out of Hart's Washington, D.C., townhouse on the evening of May 2. The Herald published the story on Sunday, May 3, the same day Hart's dare appeared in print, and the scandal spread rapidly through the national media. Hart and his allies attacked the Herald for rushing the story into print, claiming that it had unfairly judged the situation without finding out the true facts. Hart claimed that the reporters had not watched both entrances to his home and could not have seen when the young woman entered and left the building. The Miami Herald reporter had flown to Washington, D.C. on the same flight as the woman, identified as Donna Rice. Hart was dogged with questions regarding his views on marital infidelity. In public, his wife, Lee, supported him, claiming the relationship with the young woman was innocent. A poll of voters in New Hampshire for the New Hampshire Primary showed that Hart's support had dropped in half, from 32% to 17%, placing him suddenly ten points behind Massachusetts governor Michael Dukakis.

On May 5, the Herald received a further tip that Hart had spent a night in Bimini on a yacht called the Monkey Business with a woman who was not his wife. The Herald obtained photographs of Hart aboard the Monkey Business with then-29-year-old model Donna Rice, sitting in over-50 year-old Hart's lap. The photographs were subsequently published in the National Enquirer. On May 8, 1987, a week after the Donna Rice story broke, Hart dropped out of the race. At a press conference, he lashed out at the media, saying "I said that I bend, but I don't break, and believe me, I'm not broken." A Gallup Poll found that nearly two-thirds (64%) of the U.S. respondents it surveyed thought the media treatment of Hart was "unfair." A little over half (53%) responded that marital infidelity had little to do with a president's ability to govern.

Not everyone was impressed with Hart's diatribe against the press. Television writer Paul Slansky noted that Hart had tried to deflect blame from himself for his downfall to the media, and that he offered no apology to betrayed supporters who now suddenly had to find other candidates to back.
Having a yacht called "Monkey Business" was pretty much asking for trouble!

I remember reading Mr. Nice by Howard Marks (well known ex-criminal, drug dealer, and once one of the most wanted men in Britain), and the first company that he set up to act as a cover for his real operation, was a company called Hashling. Hash, because that's what he was dealing in, and Ling, because he was using Aer Lingus to fly the stuff from Ireland to Britain. People make things so obvious sometimes! :silly:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:55 am 
john everymaus

oh!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:22 am 
mausterious

Is it Harry Partch in the penultimate verse,
then Gary Hart on the last verse?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:13 pm 
mausterious

This made me think of this thread....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 983771.ece
Quote:
The piece quoted an unnamed “in-the-know” blogger as saying that during her years as provost of Stanford University in California, Rice was “completely out as a lesbian and it was not a scandal, just a reality”. The paper referred to reports that in 1998 Rice bought a house with a “special friend”, another unmarried woman, a film-maker named Randy Bean.
Randy Bean?!?! She bought a house with a woman called Randy Bean?! That's up there with "Monkey Business" surely.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:26 pm 
anonymaus

somehow Gary Hart is kinda disappointing... I liked it being Harry Partch :S

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:02 pm 
mausterious

mamamaus! I spoke to your John, and he said that it *is* Harry Partch!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:07 pm 
mausketeer

Schroedinger's lyric ¯\(º_o)/¯

it'd be cool to get the official lyrics

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:27 pm 
anonymaus

Sorry Dean! His brother thought it was Gart Hart and what do I know?? Keep in mind that I am old. I'm glad that John answered that question for you. Thanks for taking such good care of JP and being so nice to me. Now it's time for me to sign out for awhile and get ready for Christmas! I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a new year filled with joy and success. mama

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:17 pm 
mausterious

Same to you mama! Have a lovely time with your family!! :float:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:33 pm 
anonymaus

W wrote:
Schroedinger's lyric ¯\(º_o)/¯

it'd be cool to get the official lyrics
yeah it'd be awesome if he pulled a panda bear and just got that stuff out there

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 pm 
anonymaus

"Sex on top of car
Sex inside of car"

hmmmm..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:36 pm 
mausketeer

lol, thats about you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:06 pm 

[ img ]