Without you girl
I'm going over the edge
Without you girl
I'm going over the edge
fl00de
mausketeer

Re: [lyrics] Times Is Weird

Postby DkBuntovnik » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:07 am

Pardon the psychobabble, but here are some thoughts on how I feel when i hear this song right now:
This song tells us about the uncanny, which is a sentiment that relates to familiarity and unfamiliarity in the same time. As we progress through time, we continually realize its strangeness, though we may feel more acquainted with a variety of subjects in maturity. The old days, not so much looked back upon, but rather incorporated into our present unconscious, exist only in relation to the now, and the now continually grows in its strangeness due to the way that the present juncture is the product of an ever increasing quantity of happenstances. As many of us may have anticipated the present juncture in the old days, that contributes to its strange familiarity. Growing old is another important lyrical element, and I believe J. Maus is suggesting a worrisomeness associated with ageing, perhaps the fact that we are progressing towards certain demise and perdition of ego and individual life. At the same time, I feel the lived life is more interesting and developed than the terminated life, thus it is best to approach death with reticence. Of course that's just an attitude, as one man's reticence could be another woman's hastiness. And let's not forget the stabilizing factor of the feminine element presented here. Without the girl, the incomplete being goes over the edge into certain perdition, remaining moreso inside the realm of sanity thanks to her. But that female force is not too stabilizing either, because the fear of relational loss. This fear of going "over the edge" seems inextricable from the statement made in the song, as the lyricist does not wish to be without girl. Ultimately, though, virtually all of us live on the edge.
DkBuntovnik
anonymaus

Return to Lyrics