Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 7:40 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Maus Wonder Wheel
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:02 pm 
anonymaus

Hello all.

Anybody lucky enough to go to this one?
Any reviews, thoughts, doodles in felt tip, distant memories of the event much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Maus Wonder Wheel
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:24 am 
anonymaus

I was at this one! really cool setup, basically they rented out the wonder wheel park so all the rides were free all night for the attendees, my date and I made out on the wonder wheel. There were like 3 short instrumental Maus compositions playing from all of the rides like the bumper cars and Himalaya etc. Also in Maus content there was a 10 minute video of John standing in front of various green screen locations playing out of some tvs but the audio was impossible to hear. Joe was kind enough to sell me a CD copy of Addendum and there's also a new t-shirt design. Superstar and Star was a pretty singular performance, really glad I got to see that. John and the band were great as always but we were unfortunately standing in a spot where there was constant foot traffic from behind the scenes people so our feet were constantly being stepped on during the show. Afterward John had to come offstage through the crowd and I heard the great exchange "GREAT SHOW JOHN!!!" "uhhh I hope so." Super cool thing, would love for them to do exactly the same event again.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:17 pm 
anonymaus

Tim wrote: *
I was at this one! really cool setup, basically they rented out the wonder wheel park so all the rides were free all night for the attendees, my date and I made out on the wonder wheel. There were like 3 short instrumental Maus compositions playing from all of the rides like the bumper cars and Himalaya etc. Also in Maus content there was a 10 minute video of John standing in front of various green screen locations playing out of some tvs but the audio was impossible to hear. Joe was kind enough to sell me a CD copy of Addendum and there's also a new t-shirt design. Superstar and Star was a pretty singular performance, really glad I got to see that. John and the band were great as always but we were unfortunately standing in a spot where there was constant foot traffic from behind the scenes people so our feet were constantly being stepped on during the show. Afterward John had to come offstage through the crowd and I heard the great exchange "GREAT SHOW JOHN!!!" "uhhh I hope so." Super cool thing, would love for them to do exactly the same event again.
Thanks Tim sounds great, i wish there were still ATP's in Minehead and that John had been asked to curate a weekend, that would have been terrific, imagine it, Maus curated Groups, TV channels, Cinema, over a whole weekend. Sadly it was all the brainchild of a genius with overly optimistic accounting. The two i managed to get to were brilliant. I hope something like them can come back, they were fun.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:32 pm 
anonymaus

His performance was as great as any that he's done before, and included Outer Space. He did warm up with Dumpster Baby, though. There was free Red Bull for all, and reasonably priced drinks. The Red Bull and Deno's staff were beyond friendly, and getting to drunk drive bumper cars with some of the other performers was a real treat. The staff let me and my gf walk away with a sign from the event, I can post a picture of it when I go to her house next. As for what Tim said, you couldn't hear a word in the video he prepared for the event, I wonder if John or Red Bull would provide it to anybody who'd email them. There was an after-party down the street, but only Jonathan the drummer, and Joe showed up to hang out. Overall, it was an awesome time, and I hope John does more exhibitions like this in the future.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:44 pm 
anonymaus

Phantasm wrote: *
His performance was as great as any that he's done before, and included Outer Space. He did warm up with Dumpster Baby, though. There was free Red Bull for all, and reasonably priced drinks. The Red Bull and Deno's staff were beyond friendly, and getting to drunk drive bumper cars with some of the other performers was a real treat. The staff let me and my gf walk away with a sign from the event, I can post a picture of it when I go to her house next. As for what Tim said, you couldn't hear a word in the video he prepared for the event, I wonder if John or Red Bull would provide it to anybody who'd email them. There was an after-party down the street, but only Jonathan the drummer, and Joe showed up to hang out. Overall, it was an awesome time, and I hope John does more exhibitions like this in the future.
Good one, thanks man.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:17 am 
anonymaus

[ img ]
After seeing his AMA on Reddit, I feel bad that he wasn't so hot on how it went, especially if you consider that it was around the time he said Kika left.