Thanks, Update!

Talk about all things Maus.

Thanks, Update!

Postby johnmaus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:22 am

Hey Guys, (why is it changing the spelling of guy-s to gies?)

Sorry I don't stop in more often, but as I told some of you when we hung-out in the UK, the phenomenon of Mausspace is humbling to the point of embarrassment, you know?, because I love you guys (and the guys at UTR) so much that I feel guilty before you, like that crippled kid who felt guilty before the birds and the grass. The new album is going very slowly. It is very hard because I want to give you guys the very, very best. We're united in something, you know?, we all bear witness to something, and for my part, it seems like I have to go to Hell in order to push it further, however slightly. It does not help that I'm not too happy about where I am living right now, I'm looking forward to moving. I try to be grateful, but it is difficult when after so much time I've got nothing new to offer you guys, who matter the most to me. With any luck, however, I will have the new album done soon enough, and then I can tour and see you all again. Next time we'll hang out all night again, its the best! I am really going to try and tour the US, and I'll probably see about getting a US label to help UTR with American distro/promo. I'm doing the Primavera thing in Spain, and Ariel is going to be there, so I am excited to see him. His new band sounds really great, but I tease him that it was better when I was playing keys! Anyways, I still think it is better to do the live thing without a band, if only because it seems to upset so many people! I'm nervous about playing too, because I don't like to play-out without new material... You guys are perpetually in my thoughts, keep the lanterns lit here at Mausspace and soon I'll have more to share with you... I really, really, really grateful that you're out there...

In the meantime, here is a playlist I made on youtube of some of my favorite music (you'll hear allot of direct influences, some stuff I just flat out stole!):
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 31FD670A69
johnmaus
anonymaus

Re: Thanks, Update!

Postby jake » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:58 pm

Thanks a lot for checking in on us, John! Good news that the new album is being worked on anyway. Take your time and good luck with figuring everything out!
jake
anonymaus

Postby Glacene » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:37 pm

gies, lol. Thanks for the update & playlist! I'm going to go give it a look/listen.

It's great to hear about what's going on with you :)
Glacene
anonymaus

Postby jessi » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:43 pm

thanks for stopping by ! gonna czech out that playlist :happy:
jessi

Postby MausterofDisguise » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:11 am

take all the time you need! thanks for making music!
MausterofDisguise
city maus

Postby adri » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:01 pm

Yay! (heh sorry, the "guys" filter is my fault! )

Coki and I will be at Primavera. We're excited to be seeing you play again :)
adri
john everymaus

Postby Aaww-some » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:28 am

omg maus tour
Aaww-some
mauscle man

Postby bub » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:17 am

hi john
bub
anonymaus

Postby jessi » Wed May 06, 2009 6:14 pm

everyone check out the vid in the shows section to hear clips of some new songs viewtopic.php?f=6&t=464 :happy:
jessi

Postby jessi » Thu May 07, 2009 3:56 am

p.s. john have you ever been to the spam museum ?
jessi

Postby MausterofDisguise » Sat May 09, 2009 6:04 pm

comment in his blog about punk rock:

I'll have a new album probably in a few months... I've got a couple worthwhile songs right now, but it is really hard, almost impossible. To those of you who have written me, whom I haven't gotten back to, I apologize, really. It is no excuse, but your support, and the music you've shared with me, really humbles me, so that my instinct seems to be to cringe from it, as if unworthy, certainly unworthy until I myself have some new stuff to share with you. And so, I'm really sorry, and believe me, I really appreciate all the feedback you've given me, and I look forward to meeting you all if and when I tour for the next record (USA, for sure)! In the meantime, I've been kicking these ideas around, and while most of them are about musical truth or singularity in more general sense, there are some thoughts here specifically about punk rock... I really feel like our situation often loses sight of the significance of music as music in the interests of a dross that seems only to serve power, you know? Anyways, send goodness (or whatever) my way, I hope to have something new soon because I can't wait to talk with and spend time with you guys (it gets pretty lonely out here in the middle of the Pacific!!), and really try to give you some good performances. I feel the pressure that this is our moment, and I really hope we are about something that will resonate for eternity...
MausterofDisguise
city maus

Postby Echizen Kurage » Fri May 22, 2009 8:22 am

Metroid OST, oh my goodness.

Edit: and "Siccmade" by Brotha Lynch Hung? John, you are the best
Echizen Kurage
anonymaus

Postby anibal » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:51 pm

John, just saw ya last nite @ primavera, the concert really fulfill my expectations thanks for what you share with us last nite i missed talking to ya when you were selling your handmade copys of your CDs, when my friend and i found out you were gone we felt really bad, we just wanted to say hi to you and thank you. Just to let you know i wasnt feeling very well befor the concert but after singing your songs i realised i just saw one of the best shows of PS09, really! Ariel was allright but it was damn hot the sun was to hard it wasnt a good time for that show.... but i enjoyed it...
just to let you know keep on going with your hard work on the new music... dont feel any preasure!
see you next time!!
anibal
anonymaus

Postby sipsic » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:13 pm

Cool playlist, I liked nr 1, 2, 3, 5 and 17 a lot :)
sipsic
anonymaus

Postby Mausterbation » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:23 pm

new album will be mind blowing. i can sense it in the ether :creep:
Mausterbation
anonymaus

Next

Return to Talk