Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:36 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:18 am 
anonymaus

I got tix to see John Maus in Atlanta in February. I'm so excited I still can't believe it. To those who have seen him live, did you enjoy the show? What was the crowd like? Does Maus hang out after the show? I've seen every live performance on video and I know he's playing with a band now. Tell me about your live Maus experience. :happy:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:26 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

WhatTheFugue wrote: *
I got tix to see John Maus in Atlanta in February. I'm so excited I still can't believe it. To those who have seen him live, did you enjoy the show? What was the crowd like? Does Maus hang out after the show? I've seen every live performance on video and I know he's playing with a band now. Tell me about your live Maus experience. :happy:
My first experience was pretty cool. It was a 4th of July celebration in Philly that included Diplo...John, Puro Instinct and Geneva Jacuzzi were the main attractions for me, though. So yeah, it was two of my brothers and one of my brother's friends, we waited in line to enter the outside venue and John came out of a taxi. I'm pretty tall but John seemed like a giant for some reason. Anyway, we entered the venue and were nursing on Pabst Blue Ribbon til John unexpectedly popped out on stage. No one was in front of the stage, so i was the first one out and he specifically screamed at me, which was an honor. Geneva was next to me dancing the whole time while John was performing, but I was too nervous to talk to her. I had a crush on her alright.
The party people weren't there to watch John so it was definitely odd, not too many people in the immediate audience. Then it started to get dark outside which made for a cool ending for John's set.
Then Puro came on and they were good.
we heard that John and Puro went inside of another building where Geneva was about to perform. John and members of Puro were dancing to Geneva's music. Maybe a total of 15 people in that room, maybe less, including myself and company. Very cool night.
One thing that registered was at the end when John accidentally bumped into someone and I think knocked a drink out of their hand. John was so apologetic and that seemed so sweet...I knew how fucking sincere the dude was
I was also too nervous to talk to John but it was a night I won't forget
funny how I could strike up a talk with Ariel but not John. Anyway, I will make my best effort to speak to him at the show in February! My bros, their wives and same friend are going this time, six or so years later! Righteous!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:48 am 
anonymaus

Cool! Hmm maybe I'll "accidentally" bump into him and spill MY drink 8D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:47 pm 
anonymaus

It's been 7 years but I get to see MAUS once again tonight! With a nice big group of friends too. I just read that Joe Maus, John's brother, is the bassist for the new band? That's fun. Thanks for keeping this forum going everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:39 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

gonna see the Maus in less than two weeks!!!