Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:15 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: John Maus is a fraud
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:54 am 
anonymaus

I don't know how else to say it but John Maus is a fraud, his live shows where he basically screams over his previously recorded music are cringe inducing. I also think he has mental problems, during interviews he rambles on and on like a lunatic and can't stay focused on a single topic for more than three minutes and never says anything concrete, typical post modern mumbo jumbo. His hero's are scumbags like Theodor Adorno and their likes meanwhile he sucks at the capitalist teat he and others that share his philosophy supposedly despise by being a part of the "culture industry" they demonize. I used to like his music now all I can think about when I listen to it is how toxic it's underlying message is and how insane and out of touch with reality post modern marxists are.

Post subject: Re: John Maus is a fraud
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:11 am 
hippopotamaus

Are there any other musicians you respect? And why? If you don’t mind me asking.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:01 am 
anonymaus

All of his songs are true.
Heaven is real, im less sure about Marxism though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:43 am 
anonymaus

richard wrote: *
I don't know how else to say it but John Maus is a fraud, his live shows where he basically screams over his previously recorded music are cringe inducing. I also think he has mental problems, during interviews he rambles on and on like a lunatic and can't stay focused on a single topic for more than three minutes and never says anything concrete, typical post modern mumbo jumbo. His hero's are scumbags like Theodor Adorno and their likes meanwhile he sucks at the capitalist teat he and others that share his philosophy supposedly despise by being a part of the "culture industry" they demonize. I used to like his music now all I can think about when I listen to it is how toxic it's underlying message is and how insane and out of touch with reality post modern marxists are.
Hi Richard Spencer,
u realise that John is now performing with a band now??

Sincerely,
Post Modern Marxist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:28 pm 
little maus on the prairie

richard wrote: *
Just because John makes music and does live shows to make money doesn't make him a "fraud." This is a basic tu quoque fallacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

Also, I don't think you fully comprehend what a product of the "culture industry" is. John's music does not and is not intended to make his audience passive or docile. It isn't the same old mainstream garbage that these (to quote John) "candy ass manikins" at the VMA's are making.

As for Adorno, he was warning us of a society that is docile and passive because these were the conditions in Germany before Hitler came to power.

I agree that vapid consumption of repetitive garbage intended to normalize and promote individualism is obscene and dangerous. However, this couldn't be further from what John Maus represents or participates in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:28 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

*his heroes
*its underlying message
[ img ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:29 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

god, I'm such a sucker for liking music that has such a wicked agenda.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:44 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

AppTrans wrote: *
How do you sleep, man?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:43 pm 
john everymaus

Welcome to mausspace, richard!

Now, are you trying to start a dialogue, or are you just here to stir up trouble?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:40 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

RareGoat wrote: *
AppTrans wrote: *
How do you sleep, man?
:)
yo everyone, John's out to get yer money. watch it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:30 pm 
anonymaus

What's kind of annoying here is that the OP could have started off a meaningful discussion (maybe John Maus *is* a fraud? but what is a fraud? and what is real? what is this "underlying message"? are you not confusing that with the things he says in interviews? the things that you claim are 'not concrete'? so are you in fact mad about unclarified expressions of thought rather than the content of the music? i could go on!) about the various assertions he makes. But it's just done in the style of dunderheaded troll who won't return and flesh anything out or hold a conversation in a non-disingenuous manner. So we have nothing here other than attention-seeking. I don't think the world needs more of that.

By all means you don't have to like John but I will at least defend him from the notion he is post-modern.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:03 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Very punk rock of John Maus to be pissing people off just by doing his thing.
Unfortunately we are all complicit in this capitalist society. I would ask you what you do to survive; we all gotta eat. Might as well be reaching out with a medium that is meaningful to a whole lot of people.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:42 am 
anonymaus

I think OP WAY overestimates John Maus' reach and influence if he somehow equates Maus' shouting/screaming on stage + rambling interviews as some form of deep deception. I mean what exactly is he trying to deprive his audience of? Thought? and to what extent? a couple dozen netizens here?

And what the hell is a 'capitalist teat'? Is it bountiful and motherly? Is it the succulent teat from which the oil patch detectives gorge on before their scouting expeditions?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:30 am 
anonymaus

He is a fraud and you've been seduced by the music. Never mind what it stands for, which if taken at face value isn't much anyway, you're expected to rely on what he says in interviews for any insights which just amounts to chaotic rambling disguised as genius, I'm not buying it. I'll be clear, of course we are complicit in a capitalist society, I don't consider capitalism a bad thing and I embrace individualism. I find his schtick disingenuous and his opaque post modern ideals deranged. It's a shame because I do like the sound of his music on the surface but after spending some time understanding the spirit behind it, I don't think it's good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:10 am 
hippopotamaus

All right, Dean, LL, you heard him. Let’s shut this thing down.