Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:26 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page « 113 14 15 16 17 18 »
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:02 pm 
anonymaus

LadyLazarus wrote: *
Poe wrote: *
Thank you! That bit about the reverb in church made me piss myself like Grandma.
The good stuff huh. :shock:
He likely would have said yes, that pastor? ' sure John, these walls are yours to use and bounce off, you knock yourself out, son'- id imagine?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:19 am 
city maus

i hope they have at least 10 kids. there needs to be more maus in this world.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:38 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I shared some whiskey with the lovely Mrs Maus last night. The show was explosive and even Protomartyr said they were blown off the stage by John Maus. "We hoped all that applause was pre-recorded! See you again next time... opening for John fuckin' Maus!"
To anyone who is upset about "Pets" I can further confirm the song is about your pets going to heaven! Although Kika said John had a gleam in his eye when he was singing it. :silly:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:21 am 
anonymaus

That sounds like you had a blast! I was gonna go to this show as well, but couldn't make it due to illness. John's one of the more down to earth artists out there and it would have been cool to chat with him some more.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:10 am 
anonymaus

omg... this album!
and when I heard bombs away.......!
the first line of that bass in the beginning... hoooooly shit ( ;) )

Bombs away has been one of my favorite songs for years, the instrumental version from the "you made my dreams come true" single, the live version, and the omen games version (though that one feels a bit sloppy compared to the untouched instrumental version).
A song made by matt and ariel (which are two of my three favorites, john is on top of that list), covered by john now, the one who made me listen to ariel and then matt. okay it's too much it's too much :delaware:

This is heavenly... :silly: :victory: :float: :kiss: :truluv:
And the fact that he answered the "maus is missing" song by matt and ariel too...

This album is sublime, Maus is
I guess heaven is real!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:23 pm 
anonymaus

vetint wrote: *
And the fact that he answered the "maus is missing" song by matt and ariel too...
i missed this...what is the answer? :limpyroll:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:15 pm 
little maus on the prairie

LadyLazarus wrote: *
To anyone who is upset about "Pets" I can further confirm the song is about your pets going to heaven! Although Kika said John had a gleam in his eye when he was singing it. :silly:
The lyrics to "Pets" are great in my opinion. To me it's a reminder to be good to your pets and to not take them for granted because they are going to die one day. Same with friends and family.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:05 pm 
mausketeer

<3

Quote:

[ img ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:07 am 
anonymaus

Hello everyone.

Long time lurker (since late 2000s, oh geez..) but finally seeing John live I feel closer to you all than ever. Had such a great time being front and center at the show last night and it was everything I ever wanted after waiting for so many years.

So bummed about not being able to score a t shirt nut snatching that set list kind of makes up for it :)

Now I can listen to the leak and not feel as bad until my boxset shows up!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:57 pm 
anonymaus

Pipin wrote: *
vetint wrote: *
i missed this...what is the answer? :limpyroll:
I mean just the title "the people are missing" is an answer, I feel like, especially cause there's no lyrics in the "maus is missing" song and as he did a version of a holy shit song in this album too. but I love it even if it is'nt meant to be an answer type of thing... it fits so good

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:43 am 
mausterious

luisvile wrote: *
Hello everyone.

Long time lurker (since late 2000s, oh geez..) but finally seeing John live I feel closer to you all than ever. Had such a great time being front and center at the show last night and it was everything I ever wanted after waiting for so many years.

So bummed about not being able to score a t shirt nut snatching that set list kind of makes up for it :)

Are there new t-shirts, or reprints of the I SAW JOHH MAUS LIVE ones? If new, anybody got a link or picture?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:35 pm 
john everymaus

There are new shirts that are the same as previous except now they also say "...and some other guys" to include the band. There were only smalls left in Cleveland, I don't think they knew what to expect with sales.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:20 pm 
anonymaus

dean wrote: *
luisvile wrote: *
Hello everyone.

Are there new t-shirts, or reprints of the I SAW JOHH MAUS LIVE ones? If new, anybody got a link or picture?
Took a pic of the one I picked up. [ img ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:55 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

"...and some other guys" :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:40 pm 
mausterious

Haha that is hilarious. I still wear my white "I SAW JOHN MAUS LIVE" shirt.

Not sure if there is another thread about this.... but who are these other guys?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page « 113 14 15 16 17 18 »