Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:23 pm 
anonymaus

tonight .. monday on 9th of december from 9-11pm!

noko 092 - john maus

the man. the maus. the legend!
are you ‘maus’ addicted? no problem, me too! broadcasted first on 12th of december 2011 and now revised for the ultimate artist special with some unreleased demos & older projects.

stream radio blau: http://www.radioblau.de/index.php?z=ar14

nokogiribiki is little weird radio show here in leipzig, middle-east-germany. since the beginning of 2005; the mad activists of the mysterious noko dojo trusts in sound to support artists, labels & styles on radio blau, the free local broadcast player. monthly monday night from 9-11pm (cet) direct to connect vinyl and ears for normal madness.

podcast | http://www.percussionlab.com/users/nokogiribiki
blog | http://nokogiribiki.tumblr.com/

Last edited by nokogiribiki on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:48 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Thanks for this! Although none of it was new to me (save New Raytheonport era Gary War, which I have yet to track down as anything other than an mp3 download), it was good to t u n e in and enjoy two hours of fine music.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:43 pm 
anonymaus

thanks for your words.
i know what you mean, unreleased was not the right word, i changed it in unpublished.
do you have all the underground releases from him 1984-1998? i found only some early songs, demos and the plastic jesus band project. i like the track 'samson' really much but he wasn't suitable for this show perhaps in another.
link for podcast will follow ..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:03 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Well you are right, of course: a lot of what you played actually was unreleased! I am just a dedicated John Maus nerd so have heard all of it. Bonus points for playing the Street Machine advert, too!
I'm not sure I have all of those old songs. I do have some Plastic Jesus/Janitors stuff, but the discography in the back of Adam Harper's Heaven is Real book led me to believe there is more out there (not that John would probably want us to dig up his old Nirvana-styled teenaged compositions, but I'd still be happy to give them a listen). The lyrics to "Obese" always make me laugh. I'd like to recover the missing tracks from the Snowless Winters demos and I am forever on the hunt for some of the songs played in the background of a video from Honolulu several years ago, promoting his show at The Loft. I can't find the video online anymore, but I desperately want to track those songs down. Anyone?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:38 pm 
anonymaus

understand. i'm also on the hunt further and interested if you found them but sorry i can't help by these rarities.
for me i prefer vinyl and it's nice to get 'A Collection Of Rarities And Previously Unreleased Material' but it's not the same like the gorgeous albums on upset.

for all they missed the broadcast here is the podcast-link to the show for download and stream:
http://www.percussionlab.com/sets/nokog ... /john_maus

thanks to: the man. the maus. the legend!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:29 pm 
anonymaus

LadyLazarus wrote:
I am forever on the hunt for some of the songs played in the background of a video from Honolulu several years ago, promoting his show at The Loft. I can't find the video online anymore, but I desperately want to track those songs down. Anyone?

Was that the video on the 'Peetridish' account on Youtube? The one I'm thinking of contained 4 surreptitiously-recorded snippets of new JM with a distinct baroque influence iirc. Really wish I'd downloaded it now. :arms:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:48 pm 
anonymaus

nokogiribiki wrote:
for all they missed the broadcast here is the podcast-link to the show for download and stream:
http://www.percussionlab.com/sets/nokog ... /john_maus

thanks to: the man. the maus. the legend!

Thank you! |:o

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:32 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

MysteryGuest wrote:
LadyLazarus wrote:
I am forever on the hunt for some of the songs played in the background of a video from Honolulu several years ago, promoting his show at The Loft. I can't find the video online anymore, but I desperately want to track those songs down. Anyone?

Was that the video on the 'Peetridish' account on Youtube? The one I'm thinking of contained 4 surreptitiously-recorded snippets of new JM with a distinct baroque influence iirc. Really wish I'd downloaded it now. :arms:
Yes, that's the one! I actually do have it downloaded as an MP4 (and now as an flv, thanks to Anthony) because I included it on those fan DVDs I made. I can send you either format if you'd like.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:37 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

nokogiribiki wrote:
understand. i'm also on the hunt further and interested if you found them but sorry i can't help by these rarities.
for me i prefer vinyl and it's nice to get 'A Collection Of Rarities And Previously Unreleased Material' but it's not the same like the gorgeous albums on upset.
I'll keep hunting for all of us then!
Nerd alert: I have a big collection of Maus colored vinyl. In fact, I have all of the limited editions (apart from the perhaps erroneously pressed clear wax WMBtPCoO).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:37 am 
anonymaus

LadyLazarus wrote:
MysteryGuest wrote:
LadyLazarus wrote:

Yes, that's the one! I actually do have it downloaded as an MP4 (and now as an flv, thanks to Anthony) because I included it on those fan DVDs I made. I can send you either format if you'd like.
Wow, yes please! If you honestly don't mind doing that, that would be so good. I think flv would be the right format. Many thanks. |:o