Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:10 pm 
anonymaus

This is an unofficial music video for "Quantum Leap" that I animated over the course of the last two months. John Maus stars in it as a computer wizard, adventurer, freedom fighter, genius inventor, super-hero, and gentleman. I tried to make the story fun & adventurous, I hope you all like it. I've been sketching since I was a kid, but I never did any animation before, so please be kind, I'm still learning.

I would like to make it clear here that I tried to contact John, to ask for permission to publish this video. I'd feel more comfortable if I had received his permission, but I never got any reply to my email. After much deliberation, I decided to publish the video so that everybody can enjoy it.

Watch either on Vimeo (higher quality): http://vimeo.com/39996639
or YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr9a8MZFDLk&hd=1

If John and his label like the video, and since "Quantum Leap" is already available as a free promo download, I can make the highest quality HD video file available for download to all, with their permission.

Going a step beyond it, I could release all of the video's project files as "open source", so other fans could remix it, or animate it differently, without any quality loss. Let me know if there's any interest for that.

P.S. Don't blink or you'll miss Ariel Pink's cameo appearance. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:36 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Phenonmenal!!! Brilliant!!! John's infamous "claw" at 2:11. My favorite shot is at 2:03; gorgeous. Just the perfect video. Brava! :victory:
I hope John watches it!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:56 pm 
anonymaus

nice!! clap clap!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:52 am 
little maus on the prairie

I liked the centipede and Robocop!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:28 pm 
anonymaus

Thanks guys! :)

I had a music video idea for "No Title (Molly)" the other night at 3 AM, while listening to the new version of the track. A lady breaks the heart of a lowly worker in a futuristic city, who sees her walking by every day, and loves her from afar. The visuals I have in mind are cut-outs of pictures, flying in and out. They feel disconnected at first, but they do tell the story if you watch carefully. This is the kind of visual look I have in mind (I usually get inspiration for video visuals from album art):
http://fiveng.bandcamp.com/album/easy-single
http://leanngrimes.bandcamp.com/album/leann-grimes
http://thesoundsofsweetnothing.bandcamp ... fragile-ep
At around 1' 50", the song & story reaches a sort of climax. At that point half of the body of the worker melts away, to reveal that he's an android worker. At around 2' 20" the "come on" lyrics take over, where the video would show different versions of his open palms reaching towards the lady, who's paralyzed in fear looking at the disfigured android. Eventually, she gets over her fear, and they run away together.

I have experience with green screen and all the technologies required to make this video happen, but I'd also need a female model, and a male talent (or John) to play the parts. So it's very unlikely to happen...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:21 am 
anonymaus

A digital painting of John Maus I did tonight over a few hours. Definitely not a great piece of art, but hey.
[ img ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:15 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

You're too talented...that effin rox! :happy:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:31 am 
john everymaus

John tweeted your video, and the Breakthrough one!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:51 am 
mausterious

Oh man. This is so amazing!

I really hope that John sees this. Mama, are you still there?!

When John said in an interview about how people had created this vision of him (paraphrasing), and he referenced here, I didn't quite get it. I realise that as far as music forums go, there is a tiny community here, but a damn talented one. Now I understand more. The time, effort, passion that must have gone into that is outstanding, I'd find it really humbling.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:44 am 
anonymaus

Thank you guys! You give me strength to learn and do more. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:55 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I'm glad he tweeted both mausspacer videos. You artists should be proud!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:26 pm 
anonymaus

Dean and all, I'm still here :) I can't speak for John but I think you will always be his touchstone so he stays true to himself. The fact that he tweeted Eugenia's video says it all: It will always be the Mausspace group whose support he most values. And I know that the best is yet to come. :truluv: Mama

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:24 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I've shown this video to many people and they love it!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:23 am 
anonymaus

Eugenia, this video is so so sweet. I can't believe the care you put into it, it's totally admirable. I love the little references in it, esp. the centipede! I yelped when I saw it, and said "THE CENTIPEDE!"

mamamaus: good to know you're still around --thanks so much for your presence here! Hope you and yours are doing wonderfully.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:31 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

it no wonder that john appreciated the videos, good stuff. would love to see more.