More John Maus shows

Talk about all things Maus.

Re: More John Maus shows

Postby pelleasetmelisande » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:54 am

Eugenia, I LOVE yr flyers! If I were in a band, I'd totally love a flyer from you.

I just realized that NYC show is on a Thursday, which makes it sorta hard for me to go and get off work, but I may still be able to manage it. It's sorta stupid at this point, my sis lives in Brooklyn and I haven't been to visit her in a million years, I should just go. Besides, what if John Maus decides not to tour or play again for a really long time or ever again! (gasp!) Need a visceral show experience! Badly! ; )

I think I also saw somewhere John Maus is playing a show in Toronto? I may have mis-read....
pelleasetmelisande
anonymaus

Postby AppTrans » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Eugenia where are you? We need more of your artwork :truluv:
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby Eugenia » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Thank you guys, I truly appreciate your support! :)

Unfortunately, it recently came to my attention that my type of support and participation is probably not well appreciated by some parties, so I'm currently not working on any Maus-related projects. I also canceled an unofficial music video for "Mental Breakdown" I was set to do. I think I get over-enthusiastic about stuff some times, and this is not always seen positively by everybody. But thank you for all the support in this forum, the community here is astounding!

>what if John Maus decides not to tour or play again for a really long time or ever again!

I have never seen him live myself. When he last came to play in SF, I was still very ill with my auto-immune illness at the time (fully cured now), so I couldn't go at the time. Hopefully he'll visit the Bay Area again in the future for a show.
Eugenia
anonymaus

Postby AppTrans » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Eugenia wrote:Thank you guys, I truly appreciate your support! :)

Unfortunately, it recently came to my attention that my type of support and participation is probably not well appreciated by some parties, so I'm currently not working on any Maus-related projects. I also canceled an unofficial music video for "Mental Breakdown" I was set to do. I think I get over-enthusiastic about stuff some times, and this is not always seen positively by everybody. But thank you for all the support in this forum, the community here is astounding!

Well throw a collage our way even if it isn't Maus related! I'm not going to ask any questions...though the crux of this forum is good-natured idolization, to a certain extent. Otherwise, it wouldn't be called "Mausspace"
Perhaps we should have an Art thread to showcase your talent 8D
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby AppTrans » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:27 pm

damn i was hoping for "mausochist"...just an everyday fucking joe, no surprises :S
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby AppTrans » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

AppTrans wrote:damn i was hoping for "mausochist"...just an everyday fucking joe, no surprises :S

referring to my title john everymaus, btw
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby Eugenia » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:15 pm

>Perhaps we should have an Art thread to showcase your talent

I recently put together a TumblR page with all my collages in one place. For some of these collages I'm trying to be a bit artistic, for some I'm just trying to be funny. This one is my most popular collage so far, it got shared on TumblR quite a lot. It'd be difficult to top that one off.

There's a new sub-genre for surreal, vintage scifi-ish collages, there are about 10-15 such artists right now following this underground style with great success among TumblR's artful users, which is what inspired me to start doing these collages too (my collages of John were using that sub-genre too). Particularly when I enjoy CURS3S' collage art for example, John Maus' music comes to mind immediately. There's a certain connection between the vibe of John's music (especially his older music), and Curs3s' atmospheric, yet-unsettling collages. I totally see in my mind music videos, or album artwork, in that specific style!

>"mausochist"

Hehe, good one! :-)
Eugenia
anonymaus

Postby AppTrans » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:58 pm

All of these are beautiful!
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby MadamAnt » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:33 pm

I love your artwork, Eugenia!
MadamAnt
country maus

Postby MadamAnt » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:00 am

Tonight at Pier 84 was just spellbinding. My first time seeing him live. I've uploaded photos and videos to my Facebook page and will eventually share them here if anyone's interested, but for now, it's late!
MadamAnt
country maus

Postby AppTrans » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:50 pm

please do share on here! i don't have the facebook
AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Postby MadamAnt » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:29 am

Okay, will post them up when I get back, am vacationing in a rural spot without access to the files now!
Also, did anyone else go?? Desperately trying to find the setlist, was enjoying myself too much to take notes during the show and now the exact song list and order is escaping me. I do remember these being played (though this is not the right order):

Castles In the Grave
Whole World's Falling Apart
Maniac
Rights For Gays
Do Your Best
Believer
Streetlight
Keep Pushing On
MadamAnt
country maus

Previous

Return to Talk