Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:37 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page « 117 18 19 20 21 22 »
 Post subject: Re: introduce yourself !
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:50 am 
anonymaus

HELLO

I am Pippin, nice to meet you all

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:05 am 
anonymaus

Hi. I am Leslie. I like to record lo-fi music. John Maus has been a great inspiration to the way I sing since 2006. His baritone combined with that slight absurdity showed me an interesting way to mix several singing styles and lyrical ideas with a serious philosophical poeticism (different from anything I learned from the old guard). I never even used my naturally lower voice before I heard Maus, and it works well to throw around sometimes. The cloudy synth sounds on "Songs" were the first floor-stare causing sounds I'd heard in years. He is pretty influential as a fellow lo-fi man, but I still haven't learned how to talk. He's also just plain pretty.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:07 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Welcome Leslie! Always a pleasure to welcome a fellow Maus admirer, and especially one who also appreciates the discourse surrounding his works. I think we are all forever learning how to talk, and constantly struggling against the inadequacies of language to genuinely reach one another, but I believe that is what music is for, so you are on the right path! If you have any demos, I am sure I'm not the only one here who would be keen to hear them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:30 pm 
hippopotamaus

Can't wait to meet gothbabe420 :666D:
Siriusly, introduce yoself! :happy:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:34 am 
anonymaus

hey there
i'm new to the board.
you can call me plaintiff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:50 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

what if I called you defendant?
jk welcome!
:happy:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:19 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Welcome, Plaintiff!
Aren't we all glad (So Glad) that AP lawsuit is over? :happy:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:31 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Plain Tiffs are the best Tiffs. Some people prefer caramel but not I.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:07 am 
anonymaus

nice to meet you guys.
will probably lurk for a while before i begin posting.
looking forward to getting into the site

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:38 pm 
little maus on the prairie

welcome!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:52 pm 
anonymaus

hi everybody! i actually discovered john maus through this site of all things. i was actually scouring the web for positive reviews of the latest ariel pink lp, because a lot of websites were trashing him (i discovered him through a random buy at a record shop, i bought mature themes because i like the cover), and by chance i stumbled upon the discussion about pom pom. after looking through his section of the site, i began to wonder who john maus was, so i logged onto youtube, and by chance one of his songs was in the recommended videos section. it was rights for gays, which i loved(i seem to be rather alone in that opinion) and on a mad impulse, i listened to a good portion of love is real. i ended up buying all of his albums that i could find, and have been listening to them for a while now. i've actually begun seeking out vinyls of his albums (all of them, i just love me some coloured vinyl), so my mania is still in a rather embryonic form. the only other thing i can note is that i'm probably the youngest user of the forums, and that i've got quite the penchant for rambling.

peace all, and hope to see you soon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:24 am 
hippopotamaus

Nice to meetcha :wave:
We encourage rambling here at Maus Space!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:28 am 
city maus

ramble on!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:43 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

mausist wrote:
hi everybody! i actually discovered john maus through this site of all things. i was actually scouring the web for positive reviews of the latest ariel pink lp, because a lot of websites were trashing him (i discovered him through a random buy at a record shop, i bought mature themes because i like the cover), and by chance i stumbled upon the discussion about pom pom. after looking through his section of the site, i began to wonder who john maus was, so i logged onto youtube, and by chance one of his songs was in the recommended videos section. it was rights for gays, which i loved(i seem to be rather alone in that opinion) and on a mad impulse, i listened to a good portion of love is real. i ended up buying all of his albums that i could find, and have been listening to them for a while now. i've actually begun seeking out vinyls of his albums (all of them, i just love me some coloured vinyl), so my mania is still in a rather embryonic form. the only other thing i can note is that i'm probably the youngest user of the forums, and that i've got quite the penchant for rambling.

peace all, and hope to see you soon
Welcome, Mausist, and best of luck with the vinyl collecting! I had the same compulsion and it only took me about a year to get every limited edition Maus record. I have four versions of We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves alone.

From my collection:
[ img ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:25 am 
anonymaus

Hi everyone, I'm here because I saw Maus+Pink and I thought "this forum should be my home". Plus I'm writing an article about John Maus and I need more informations on him.

LadyLazarus I love your collection.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page « 117 18 19 20 21 22 »