Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:12 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: introduce yourself !
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:35 pm 
anonymaus

Hi i'm Connor, I've just graduated as a Film Student and I'm currently living by the coast in Falmouth UK with my partner Eve.

I got into listening to John a few years ago when I was swapping records with a friend. I showed him Arthur Russell and he Maus. I've been an explorer of the forum for awhile now but I've just made the leap to joining.

I'm into the films of David Lynch and John Carpenter, a keen reader of critical theory, maker of music, and completely dumb when it comes to how to work forums. But Maus speaks to me, I'm not completely sure still if its the music or the sheer force I feel upon listening to it. His work, to me, is what artistry is. Have'nt had the opportunity to see him yet but I hope this will change soon..

So thats me, thats all I am, looking forward to being here

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:57 pm 
anonymaus

Hi everyone, I introduce myself too.
I'm Andrea, from Italy, 31 tomorrow. What can I say about why I love John Maus. Maybe he's the only true poet in music nowadays. I agree with Alberto's Carmelo Bene reference "YOU have to be the masterpiece", and that's what I see in him. Plus I percieve his musical style is eternal, I don't hear the 80's like it may appear. You can hear his melodies and armonies are very classics, immortal. Add to it the pain and struggle that to someone may remember the punk, but I see the Bernini's Ludovica Albertoni's extacy and that same projection towards the "other" the "outside".

Finally writing here after the news about this european tour, and maybe share something with you about it. (:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:46 am 
anonymaus

hey I'm Dan
i live in the West Midlands of the UK
i ride a bike
i lecture and am finishing up a doctorate
but gradually losing interest in academia or any kind of "life of the mind"
i play in a band called TOTAL VICTORY
my old band once played with Ariel when John was on bass, was cool, we sucked tho
i am thirty four years old jesus lord kill me
mausspace webmaster (lol) DEAN got me into John, we went to see him in Tilburg, he was great

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:08 pm 
the great maus detective

Welcome Johnny, Connor, Andrea and Dan!
It's a good time to be a Maus fan, innit? :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:24 pm 
anonymaus

never been a bad time. even if he had just sort of stopped and been a Tickley Feather type here-today-gone-tomorrow type. i don't even get obsessed with artists anymore, too old for that, but Censors is my favourite record of the decade so far, and i'm glad he's still out there fighting the fight.