Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:13 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:00 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Twin Peaks was particularly weird and creepy tonight. And the Nine Inch Nails performance in the middle was pretty choice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:06 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Twin Peaks Episode 8 was amazing. Definitely up there with his early works as far as its bizarreness. When Evil Cooper gets shot...that scene really freaked me out. Wow Bob Wow :silly:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:36 pm 
john everymaus

The woodsmen are terrifying.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:19 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

That scene was like a gory Italian zombie feast mixed with the Expressionist superimposition camera tricks of the 20s (thinking of movies Witchcraft throughout the Ages, Faust, early Fritz Lang films)
fucking far out
it seems that Bob is no longer with Evil Cooper, they extracted him from Mr. C
I was thinking about the girl who found the penny heads up later in the episode...there's he Honest Abe Woodsman who repeats that chant on the radio, making the general public pass out while charming the recently hatched spawn of atom-splitting to crawl in the girl's mouth
Who knows what this will create...
The convenience store is where the people of the Black Lodge were in Fire Walk With Me, but on the second floor. Woodsmen below
this is such a wild ride & I'm loving every second
ACE ACE ACE
:float:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:15 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

My wife was pretty upset with the episode - and she's the one who turned me on to the show in the first place. She told me once the show had a lot to do about making the viewer uncomfortable, and this episode certainly did that to her. Me, I enjoyed it just as I enjoy any avant-garde music I don't quite understand, but feel confident there's some sense in it, even if it's not immediately apparent. She digs weird stuff, but this went so far off the charts she was almost totally lost. I also have very little idea what all that meant, but I'm very much a novice when it comes to film appreciation. But anything that fucks with my head to that degree is welcome any time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:34 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

RareGoat wrote:
My wife was pretty upset with the episode - and she's the one who turned me on to the show in the first place. She told me once the show had a lot to do about making the viewer uncomfortable, and this episode certainly did that to her. Me, I enjoyed it just as I enjoy any avant-garde music I don't quite understand, but feel confident there's some sense in it, even if it's not immediately apparent. She digs weird stuff, but this went so far off the charts she was almost totally lost. I also have very little idea what all that meant, but I'm very much a novice when it comes to film appreciation. But anything that fucks with my head to that degree is welcome any time.
There's definitely some sense in. But it's not adhering to the usual television that everyone's accustomed. Very much like the first two seasons, it's reinventing the medium for the 21st century.
Also, it is important to get familiar with the feature film Fire Walk With Me to an extent...I'm missing some pieces in the Missing Pieces section of the Blu-ray (I don't have that) as well as The Secret History book by Mark Frost
Bob is pretty much the manifestation of "Evil things that men do" and what better way to encapsulate that notion by being spawned by the most destructive weapon known to man...the atomic bomb. It seems to have opened a portal, and enter this plane they do
So the Giant from the White Lodge/Purple Place is distraught when he views the detonation, and he gives the world an angel (Laura Palmer), almost like a Christ-like figure. I
So I think the creature that emerges from the egg in the desert the first corporeal manifestation of Bob...remember a few episodes back when you see Gordon with the iconic atomic bomb poster and on the other side is a blown up photo of Kafka...here we are at the first stage of metamorphosis when the creature crawls into the sleeping girl's mouth. The genesis of Bob could only be surreally dealt with in context of a conventional series. Surely we'll get back to the groove of the first 7 episodes, but I feel this might be the most important episode yet. It's more of an experience, and I'm so tickled that Lynch still defies convention in an artful, innovative way. Bravo to Episode 8... Lynch and Frost are fucking killing it :happy:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:14 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

AppTrans wrote:
RareGoat wrote:
There's definitely some sense in. But it's not adhering to the usual television that everyone's accustomed. Very much like the first two seasons, it's reinventing the medium for the 21st century.
Also, it is important to get familiar with the feature film Fire Walk With Me to an extent...I'm missing some pieces in the Missing Pieces section of the Blu-ray (I don't have that) as well as The Secret History book by Mark Frost
Bob is pretty much the manifestation of "Evil things that men do" and what better way to encapsulate that notion by being spawned by the most destructive weapon known to man...the atomic bomb. It seems to have opened a portal, and enter this plane they do
So the Giant from the White Lodge/Purple Place is distraught when he views the detonation, and he gives the world an angel (Laura Palmer), almost like a Christ-like figure. I
So I think the creature that emerges from the egg in the desert the first corporeal manifestation of Bob...remember a few episodes back when you see Gordon with the iconic atomic bomb poster and on the other side is a blown up photo of Kafka...here we are at the first stage of metamorphosis when the creature crawls into the sleeping girl's mouth. The genesis of Bob could only be surreally dealt with in context of a conventional series. Surely we'll get back to the groove of the first 7 episodes, but I feel this might be the most important episode yet. It's more of an experience, and I'm so tickled that Lynch still defies convention in an artful, innovative way. Bravo to Episode 8... Lynch and Frost are fucking killing it :happy:
Thanks for clearing some of that up. That's more or less what I was guessing was going on, except the scenes with the Giant which completely got past me. So that helps. Who are the woodsmen types and what are they about?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:40 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

The Woodsmen seem to be the vessels that have materialized from the Mother (the creature in the box in the first episode, the one who burps out that stream of gelatinous vomit with the Bob egg in it, after the atomic bomb detonates in Ep. 8)...it seems that their presence is going to supersede Bob's throughout the remainder. I could be wrong about that, but the mystery is what keeps us watching!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:43 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

If you recall, the Mother's head is on the playing card that Evil Cooper has in an earlier episode
Mother of all evil
yes, she is the one who is knocking in episode 3 when stuck Cooper transmits back to earth in the form of Dougie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:48 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

[ img ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:50 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Hmm... yes... it's starting to solidify in my crazy head at last.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:32 pm 
john everymaus

AppTrans wrote:
[ img ]
Woah !! Youre right! So Mr. C must be the one behind the glass box right? We need to learn more about the mother. Why is she not accessible to Bob, and what does Bob want with her?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:32 pm 
john everymaus

Maybe we oughtta make a TP specific discussion thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:15 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Yes! Twin Peaks it is!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:21 am 
city maus

Grey Pigeon by Petr Manomov & Zvuki Mu band. 1987