Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:52 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Randomness
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:24 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

[ img ]
Turkish poster for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
what fuck ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:08 pm 
the great maus detective

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:36 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I nearly died when I saw that :lol:
It's like a mix of The Shining and some Frankenstein Hammer horror movie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:01 pm 
the great maus detective

It is a good eye catcher. The designer's either a cynical genius or a complete putz.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:18 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

https://twitter.com/paprbckparadise

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:40 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

that poster is amazing!

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:21 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Can't believe the EU referendum result today. The entire world is going down the crapper and I am honestly afraid.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:12 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

It's nauseating
there is no Band-Aid for the human condition
people are getting more and more fucked up through their delusions and self-imposed worth...veiled hatred/intolerance has no place in the global community. Hardly anyone wants to understand the bigger picture.
Coexistence is difficult, especially with 7 billion people on this spinning rock. Perhaps there's a math to it, but it shouldn't be reduced to that. the backward powers-that-be are imploding progress and hope, and we just let it happen, I guess. it's automatic self-destruct mode. It's in our collective bleeding being.

we can always go against the grain, though, by giving to others, behaving, not letting others suffer...and at least attempt to love one another in the face of antagonism...it's tough
life is way too short, clichéd as it might sound

rambling, sorry! :creep:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:54 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Couldn't agree more. Makes me sad that the London I left behind will never be the same. I loved it for the colorful diversity of its people that made me feel less alienated as an American expat living abroad. Most of my best friends in England were European: Austrian, Polish, Italian, Spanish. And there is still no clear answer to what is going to happen to them. My best friend is Austrian and has lived in London for over 15 years. I am taking this very personally.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:29 pm 
mausketeer

I voted 'leave' as did all my family and the majority of people I work with. Sorry but England doesn't revolve around London and London is not typical of the rest of England at all. Voices like mine and any city north of Watford have been ignored for years. Vast swathes of people in the North, Wales and the Midlands have finally had the chance to be heard and this is what they have chosen, democracy at it's finest. All this mass hysteria is pathetic, it's only been 2 fucking days! I'm proud to be British but the country has become unrecognisable over the last 20 years, the failure of successive governments to deal with mass immigration from Europe which in turn has had a negative effect on housing, schools and the NHS is probably the biggest factor for people choosing 'leave'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:43 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I lived in the southwest for six years (Nigel Farage country) ; I know London isn't all of England. Also I see this will impact the education system drastically with a vast percentage of European students previously populating universities. With leave, they will be responsible for all tuition and not elligible for financial aid. Schools will empty. Worth considering all the expats living and working abroad in places like Spain or Italy who will now have to pony up for immigration and working visas. If you think the EU membership money is going back into the NHS, then you are seriously deluded. My adopted English family all worked for the NHS and the huge drain on its funding was mostly due to it being run by headless chickens who couldn't organize their way out of a paper bag. And cuts from elected leaders.
The most Googled phrase from England post leave vote was "what is the EU?" Wish they'd took the time with this fact-checker before voting: https://medium.com/im-trying-to-fact-ch ... .xpo06sdfm
The only good I've seen from it so far is a couple of billionaires losing some of what they'd consider petty cash in investments.

Last edited by LadyLazarus on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:10 am 
mausketeer

Seems that the remain brigade think that they can override democracy just because it doesn't suit them by starting an online petition for a second referendum! i heard the multi millionaire Damon Albarn bemoaning the decision and telling the spoilt middle class students that make up 95% of Glastonbury that apparently "we're going to change it"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:35 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

You're not honestly threatened by Damon Albarn and some students, are you?
Not too cool to be gloating over the result, either, when it was only slightly over half the population's vote (for those who voted at all) and there are people with real concerns for their futures.
You've got to admit: this looks bad no matter what 'side' you're on.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 ... a-mistake/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:18 am 
mausopatamia

Fight, fight, fight! :x

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:48 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Wowiezowie and I have talked a lot, met in person a few times and are buds, but we don't always have to agree. ;) Clearly not gonna happen here!