Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Dreams
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:27 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Last week I had a dream about getting sentenced to death on the electric chair. So okay I thought it was going to be over with soon enough and that I wouldn't have to wait. Then the voice on the speakers said that it was scheduled for 10 AM. The wait lasted such a long time and it felt like an eternity. I kept telling myself that it was a dream. But I couldn't snap out of it, leading me to believe that it was for real. I should mention that there was what appeared to be a female creature who was a mix of all my ex-girlfriends. I guess they put this creature there to soothe me in my last few hours. I was confused and didn't get to the electric chair before I woke up.
Lots of dreams of me dying. I think it has to do with stress.
I've been remembering a lot of my dreams lately.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:36 pm 
mausketeer

AppTrans wrote:
I should mention that there was what appeared to be a female creature who was a mix of all my ex-girlfriends.

:shock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:15 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Maybe because of all this Atoms for Peace hype I had a dream I was talking to Thom Yorke about his future in music (sort of like an informal interview, I guess, because I felt really awkward). He resembled my creepy, snaggle-toothed uncle as he does these days, gristled ponytail in full glory. We were sat in an airport lobby and I was showing him my toes which had gone completely black from bruising at a show the previous night.
Then later I was putting foundation makeup on one of those model skulls you get in a science kit...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:56 am 
anonymaus

last night i dreamt i was hanging out with ariel. i was with a few friends in some building that resembled a grand old style post-office and across the empty room i saw ariel handing a package to the man behind the counter and i think he looked over at us. when i saw him i mentioned in incredulity to the people i was with that ''that's ariel pink!'' but they were completely uninterested. but i knew i couldn't just sit there so i managed to muster up the courage and went over and said hi to which he gave a very friendly and down to earth response.

we ended up hanging out with each other as we traveled about and he was quite quiet and unassuming and seemed very comfortable around me and our conversation flowed back and forth in a very natural way. i must admit though i never did feel completely relaxed or on the same level as him as if i was always slightly worried i'd say something stupid that'd turn him away.

after a number of events that unfortunately i cannot remember in any recountable clarity due to my shoddy dream recall of late, i watched him back into and become semi-enveloped (willingly so) by a kind of poster or painting that seemed to wrap around him.
it was a much nicer dream than my previous one starring ariel in which he was just lazing about with groupies at what seemed like backstage after a show where i felt like i had no good reason to approach him so i didn't and just hung around awkwardly.

after last night's dream i woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. i didn't feel tired but had this kind of strange mental clarity and alertness.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:14 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

In my dream, I had just got a new boyfriend. And I felt that singular radiating thrill as I curled up into him watching movies, seeing the light flickering across his face and torso. I had pastel visions of eternity while lying with him.
Then something that haunted him emerged as we visited this industrial farming site together. His brother was swallowed up beneath one of the grain silos (that apparently opened up and went to sea). He began shouting his brother's name like a madman (even though this happened years ago and his body was never recovered), Then without warning he dove straight into the pit and sunk beneath the ground. I screamed after him, gazing down into the foggy green lagoon of waste he had just disappeared within. Search parties followed him in panic, shining torches and wearing climbing harnesses.
I was pacing up and down with a crinkled tissue in my fist, bawling, soggy hair draped over my shoulders like dark tentacles. I had been welcomed into the forbidding, drafty (yet undeniably expensive and tasteful) farmhouse as the search went on through the night. As I paced in the corridor until my feet ached, through my burning eyes I kept seeing a little old man sat on an ottoman, and he stared at me blankly.
Then a surge of hope sprung up inside me as I was called out to a boat. My heart swelled with the urgency of it and made me dizzy. Then it turned out this fisherman just wanted my money for a t-shirt to commemorate the rescue effort.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:32 pm 
anonymaus

LadyLazarus wrote:
In my dream, I had just got a new boyfriend. And I felt that singular radiating thrill as I curled up into him watching movies, seeing the light flickering across his face and torso. I had pastel visions of eternity while lying with him.
Then something that haunted him emerged as we visited this industrial farming site together. His brother was swallowed up beneath one of the grain silos (that apparently opened up and went to sea). He began shouting his brother's name like a madman (even though this happened years ago and his body was never recovered), Then without warning he dove straight into the pit and sunk beneath the ground. I screamed after him, gazing down into the foggy green lagoon of waste he had just disappeared within. Search parties followed him in panic, shining torches and wearing climbing harnesses.
I was pacing up and down with a crinkled tissue in my fist, bawling, soggy hair draped over my shoulders like dark tentacles. I had been welcomed into the forbidding, drafty (yet undeniably expensive and tasteful) farmhouse as the search went on through the night. As I paced in the corridor until my feet ached, through my burning eyes I kept seeing a little old man sat on an ottoman, and he stared at me blankly.
Then a surge of hope sprung up inside me as I was called out to a boat. My heart swelled with the urgency of it and made me dizzy. Then it turned out this fisherman just wanted my money for a t-shirt to commemorate the rescue effort.
Wow, amazing. :shock: |:o Seems so vivid, how long did it take you to return to reality?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:05 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

It took me about 35 minutes to get back to reality, but this was unusual for me as I rarely go to bed before 5am these days, so don't enter REM sleep very often. I felt everything as acutely as if it was real. I used to keep a dream journal because I find all this imaginative brain run-off interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:35 pm 
anonymaus

LadyLazarus wrote:
It took me about 35 minutes to get back to reality, but this was unusual for me as I rarely go to bed before 5am these days, so don't enter REM sleep very often. I felt everything as acutely as if it was real. I used to keep a dream journal because I find all this imaginative brain run-off interesting.
The moments after you wake up from such a vivid dream where you're not quite sure what's real are probably my favorite thing about dreaming. It's such a rush, like stepping through a trans-dimensional portal or whatever, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:12 am 
little maus on the prairie

MadamAnt wrote:
The zombie apocalypse and being denied sexual relief are pretty common staples of mine.
[ img ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:04 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Wow. I woke up feeling really sad because I had a dream that I found out that Ariel had poisoned himself and died. Please don't do that Ariel!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:25 am 
anonymaus

AppTrans wrote:
Wow. I woke up feeling really sad because I had a dream that I found out that Ariel had poisoned himself and died. Please don't do that Ariel!
I don't know if I'm imagining it but i'm pretty sure i had a dream just like that a long time ago.. creeps.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:23 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I woke up at 10 when going to bed after 4 because of this dream:
I got lost going through a labyrinth of corridors and suites in a hotel (presumably looking for a bathroom: I am always looking for a bathroom). Each time I passed through a doorway, I would emerge somewhere with unfamiliar upholstered furniture or uncoordinated carpeting with druggy arabesques spiralling underfoot, beds recently turned down and electronic keys hanging limp over the door handle, looking like no one had ever slept there. Abruptly I exited another door and found myself totally ejected from the hotel and in the midst of a metropolis, facing sprawling street art (a stoned, glazed-eyed tomato) and industrial fencing. I managed to contact my sister (Madam Ant on here) and she somehow retraced my steps. We found ourselves at the foot of a leather chair budged up against an empty doorframe. There was a plush, leather chair and giant, mahogany desk with campaign work stacked on top. Seated to the left, bizarrely disconnected from his own campaign, sat a man in a charcoal grey suit, his milky white hands at rest in his lap, purple, veined fingers laced together. It was as if he were asleep, or otherwise some AI robot with his OFF switch activated. As we wound our way quickly up the stairs and out of that suite, I said to Carrie that I got a creeping feeling of dread about our man in number 35. Somehow this led to us using hacked software to gauge the specs of his computer. The fact that he had over 800 energy (yes, computer geeks, I know this is not really a thing) seemed to confirm our suspicions of his malevolent intentions for deeply evil world dominion.

Freudian analysis welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:49 pm 
the great maus detective

I had a very vivid dream last night about R. Stevie Moore. In the dream, he lived near Atlanta, and I would sometimes pay him a visit. He lived on some very large property out in the country (just outside the city), and at any given time there would be about 50 friends and fans there, all just having a good time, getting high and what not. In my dream, I went out there, and it was probably my third time visiting and not a lot of the "regulars" knew me. But after a few hours I was having such a fun time I stayed overnight, maybe a couple of nights, and just totally lost track of the time. I remember R. Stevie listening to my band's songs and really liking them, bringing his friends over to check them out. Then I happened to check my phone and my wife had sent me a series of text messages (I don't think she knew where I was), expressing her disappointment with me and pondering the conclusion that maybe our marriage should be over. We hadn't been having any troubles, but the last time I'd seen her she was in a foul mood and that's probably why I took off. But I felt so bad about this, it kind of jolted me out of the dream and I woke up. I was sad for a moment but then cheered up knowing that my marriage is actually alive and well, probably in part because I don't do things like I did in the dream.

R. Stevie was exactly like I imagined him to be in real life, too. A real card.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:30 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

That is precisely how he is in reality, too, RareGoat!

I had a dream that I was walking downtown with some guy when he nearly got clipped by a driver's rear view mirror. Indignant and terrified, I looked in it as the car went screaming past, but the view in the mirror was not reflecting the street at all. It was someplace else entirely. And then the car screeched back around and headed straight for us on the pavement. I woke up just before we died.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:01 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Me again. I dreamt some guy with a passing resemblance to Wayne Coyne (same silver cloud of hair) had broken into my house by coming down the chimney. My friend and I spotted him headed the opposite direction with a noticeably lumbering gait, as if the act of contorting himself to snake down into my fireplace had permanently crippled him. He was covered in soot; his face streaked with charcoal war paint. His clothes were tattered and he tripped over his trouser cuffs. I got an insidious creeping feeling not knowing what the hell awaited me once we got inside, but woke up before I found out. God damn you, Wayne Coyne. Stay outta my house. Don't know what I was worried about, really. He probably just threw a bunch of fuckin' balloons around and left.