Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:50 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Dreams
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:13 pm 
country maus

If only you'd had the foresight to write a script out of it which was at turns suffocatingly bleak yet surprisingly tender, you'd have an art house hit on your hands! (Melancholia)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:06 pm 
mausterious

...my recollection is far from as pretty as that! I remember there being lots of people, and it either being a city or a town. I was pretty young when I had these dreams (8-12 I guess), so they were probably set in familiar surroundings.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:10 pm 
john everymaus

I had a funny dream a few months back...my coworker who I have worked with for several years came to me and revealed himself as being pinkspoons. I told him I didn't believe him, because I knew pinkspoons did not live in my town because I have mailed him stuff before...he explained that he had just given me a fake address so that I wouldn't figure him out. Not sure why it was such a big secret.......

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:38 pm 
anonymaus

I had the weirdest dream (or nightmare, rather) last night.
First, I discovered I had cervical cancer. That's a bit odd because I don't have a uterus. Anyway, it was really bad and I took some unclassifiable pills to curb the pain, I think maybe it was cocaine. My mom said I should get to the hospital, but didn't offer to drive me or call an ambulance or even a cab, I had to walk there. Not really knowing where the hospital was, I just walked in the general direction of the city. The weather was chaotic, foggy, a sort of dusty hailstorm. I staggered on, through a gigantic construction site who seemed to be there just for the sake of being a construction site, I don't think they really were planning to build anything there. I picked up a safety vest, wore it for a short while before thinking to myself "why am I wearing this safety vest?" and then I put it down again. At last, I got to the end of the construction site. There, I collapsed on the sidewalk, my body already being visibly decayed by drug use. I woke up in an ambulance.

I think watching Requiem for a Dream just before going to bed may have had something to do with this dream.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:13 pm 
mausterious

FUCK! I'm thankful I don't have dreams like that!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:13 pm 
country maus

My latest one - Disgusting old man staring at me from the opposite end of the room, his ears are giant rubbery loaves of cartilage the size of dinner plates.
Doctors are threading this camera probe into my arm and making an incision, a huge sleeve of yellow fat slides wetly out.
My hands are swollen gloves of meat.
There's this dark shape looming outside the window, getting closer and closer. At first it looked like a jet plane on a collision course, coming straight for me, then it became a multi-storey building, it groaned as it leaned over and tipped forwards, and I just thought that we were all going to die. I manically flapped around trying to wake everyone up, crying hysterically into a pink, squishy ear bud device, but they just wouldn't get up, and I couldn't convey the deep sense of doom I felt.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:37 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I'm still foggy from my last one. I dreamt I was walking through dusty cornfields and pacing the edges of crop circles, continuing uphill through a yellow field that shimmered as though it were gilded. I found I was going the wrong way because I came back upon my black shrug which lie strewn on the ground like a dead crow. I had to pick it up and double back until I found the wicker scarecrow. Legend said that in order to stop being haunted I had to cut one of his hands off (the left one appeared to be already crudely sawn off by some other desperate soul) and bury it in front of the bust of Tinnitus(?), an evil demigod. His image was rotting in the middle of the field. After I'd finished digging, I patted the earth frenziedly, making sure it was deep enough so that the little scarecrow grave didn't swell with rain and resurrect him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:31 pm 
country maus

Ritualistic dismemberment seems to be a 'thing' in your dreams! :silly:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:49 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

But what does it all MEAN? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:02 pm 
anonymaus

Last night I had another, truly bizarre dream. I wandered Norway aimlessly in the midst of a zombie outbreak. About half of the population refused to believe that there was a zombie outbreak and went on doing whatever they usually did. The rest joined weird apocalyptic cults. Except for me, of course. While hiding from the zombies, I was attacked by a crazy moose. I hurled large stones at him, and eventually he was quite severely beaten up. When I was about to kill the moose, I had a relevation: What if I give him my synth and make him play cheesy synth pop songs, maybe that will solve the zombie problem?

And it did.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:14 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I will remember that when the zombie apocalypse is actually upon us.
I have frequently recurring zombie dreams, myself. I don't think I ever got it solved like you, though. Need to get a synth.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:07 am 
country maus

There was a group of us, and we were trying to solve this girl's disappearance and determine if there was any foul play involved. We were canvassing the neighborhood with the girl's mother, handing out flyers. We were inside her car, and the mother kept picking up this dial that had dropped from the dashboard, turning it over in her hands and scrutinising it. Then I realised all along the girl had been dead in the boot of the car, something about a coolant leak, which probably isn't even deadly in real life. The guy she was riding with had stuffed her body in the boot of the car. Also, I was trying to get a YouTube video to load from out of one of the radiators at the house. I got frustrated and stomped, and then my husband fucking kicked me in the back of the head, and I started crying hysterically.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:56 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I had an Ariel dream. There was this huge, thronging party at some abandoned art space in LA. I saw Ariel in the street wearing his self-consciously dyed pink hair and leather jacket. He was playing this party and smiled as he walked by. Also in the street was a dead dog and a discarded packet of old takeaway food. Some hipsters had gathered round and were eating it, (even as it lie next to a dead dog in the street) declaring, "This curly fried kale is delicious!" :headscratch:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:09 am 
anonymaus

I just had a dream that was basically the intro sequence of some movie. It was some 80s flick about gangs in LA or something (definitely induced by that Ice-T interview posted in the JM forum), but the most interesting part was the song playing - it was a combination of Straight Outta Compton, Fight The Power and Sign O' The Times - was pretty awesome. It was so believable that it took me a while after I woke up to realize that such an opening sequence does not exist, my subconscious got the whole time period and production value right (those three tracks came out around the same time), pop culture is like hard-wired into my mind. Things got pretty weird as the film went on, I had to wake up.

I often have cinematic dreams.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:31 am 
anonymaus

I had a dream months ago

I was with Ariel and Geneva and we were making the weirdest sounds ever, Stevie moore's style and was so much fun

then we were all in a big room relaxing and i had lots of white wolf coming in the room and going back to the forest