Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Dreams
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:29 pm 
john everymaus

I had a dream last night that John had a phone number specifically for fans, and they could text this number with questions. He would answer these at his leisure, or not at all. Every time he responded he would begin the text with:

YES- and then the answer.

I sent him a text (can't remember what the question was) and three weeks later I got the "YES- " I had anticipated.

At first I was going to put this in the John Maus category, but then I thought we could have a general thread about dreams. Hopefully there isn't already one. I have a lot of weird ones.

Post subject: Re: Dreams
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:31 am 
anonymaus

There was a sort of topic I start before
http://www.mausspace.com/phpBB3/viewtop ... f=4&t=1248

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:03 pm 
john everymaus

I have this reoccuring dream that I see Ariel playing and when he sees me in the crowd he just throws his microphone down and comes to talk to me.... once he was in a hotel, once it was at the Sprint Center and twice recently it was on a cruise boat..yes, in my dreams there IS an APHG cruise!

I always wake up happy on those days..... I mean, I know he SHOULDN't walk off stage and all of that, but since he's coming to talk to ME - I am sure the crowd understands, right? :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:32 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I had a dream last week that John Maus was my substitute teacher. Couldn't remember what subject, but he was lecturing in a cabin-style kitchen that he built with his own bare hands (somehow I knew this?).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:36 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

kate wrote:
I have this reoccuring dream that I see Ariel playing and when he sees me in the crowd he just throws his microphone down and comes to talk to me.... once he was in a hotel, once it was at the Sprint Center and twice recently it was on a cruise boat..yes, in my dreams there IS an APHG cruise!

I always wake up happy on those days..... I mean, I know he SHOULDN't walk off stage and all of that, but since he's coming to talk to ME - I am sure the crowd understands, right? :)
Oh man, how I wish the APHG cruise was a real thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:14 pm 
john everymaus

on a beach, on the ocean - only in my dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:58 pm 
country maus

Okay this dream has nothing to do with Ariel or John, but it's pretty out there. I try to write down the really freaky ones, don't know if anyone else cares about this sort of thing, but I usually find it pretty interesting. Anyway, the dream...
I had a baby, but it was like a thumb-sized plasticine blob that lived in an ice cube tray. I had to cut it from one of those plastic card sheets that come with model making kits. Every time I took it out of the freezer it recognised me and smiled at me. I had a panic once when I thought I'd lost it and there were little plastic baby doll hands all over the house, but it was safe in the freezer all along. I asked my sister LadyLazarus if I had pooped during the delivery (and was relieved to find that I hadn't)......

:headscratch:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:43 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:46 am 
country maus

The zombie apocalypse and being denied sexual relief are pretty common staples of mine.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:17 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

ganzergrey wrote:
My dreams usually consist of tornadoes, nuclear war, running from something/one and forced imprisonment. Don't think I'd be too keen on the whole 'Vanilla Sky' kind of thing...
i have dreams of tornadoes
something scary and beautiful about 'nadoes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:35 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I have recurring dreams that I am being hunted down by some lunatic assassin (no resemblance to Klaus Kinski, though). Wonder what that's about.

I had a dream recently that a mythical horse was being held in a disused barn loft as part of a ritual sacrifice. This slaughter was being perpetrated by a wisened man who had seemingly done it before and a fledgling woman with a lithe body and long, bushy Patti Smith hair. When the deed was done and the chestnut brown flanks of the horse stabbed and bled, the woman began to scream as chunks of her flesh split and peeled away, gouts of blood spluttering up between her fingers and onto her naked body. The man already bore a grey elephant skin mask over his own (part of the process, apparently) with cruel black pits for eyeholes. He explained in a cracked voice that he had died during a previous ritual and sloughing off the old mortal skin was necessary. The woman was not consoled by this explanation and continued to flail and sob, skin rupturing and blood pumping all over the barn.

...I don't get it, either. :mixedemotions:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:33 am 
country maus

Hope more people join in here - eat some cheese before bedtime or something! :festive:

A man brought something back with him - from where? In a red pixellated landscape, a cloaked figure is sailing on the wind towards him.

Black rubbish sacks blowing in the wind take on form - gradually taking the shape of the cloaked reaper figure, inflating and expanding as a balloon being blown up.
A pair of prosthetic arms, black gloved hands - parts of the reaper. I'm collecting them, picking black rubbish sacks off the streets, twisting them in my hands and ripping as many holes into them as I can so that they won't turn into him.
A yellow foam ball with a smiley face on it rolls to the foot of the bed, I rip it into pieces, panicking - these are all signs of him following me.
A palsy sufferer playing me songs on a laptop, bent forward and grinning. I have to escape down a rear stairwell when a detective unit team arrives on the scene with their brown suits and flip notepads.
I'm throwing wire suitcases over cliff faces and the cord of my headphones trails behind me into infinity.

I love how it starts off as some random man, then switches to a first person perspective when I become the man.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:08 pm 
country maus

Okay I had another one...It might just end up being me talking to myself in here, but that's okay, I guess...

I was meeting some guy in a backwoods shed to get rare and unreleased Maus tracks. He had this huge computer tower that looked more like a beacon for international distress calls. He also had a collection of unlicensed guns and really horrible teeth - yellow scaled rat teeth. Somehow I knew him and his cult were just plotting to kill me, so I escaped. But then I remembered! Shit! I left one of my Maus CDs in his disc player. I had to go back, obviously. Unfortunately he soon saw through my pajama disguise (I know, I can't believe it, either) and he stuck a gun in my ribs. Then I woke up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:04 pm 
mausterious

I used to have a recurring dream when I was younger, which I only had when I was sick.

The dream was basically myself running around trying to tell everybody I could that the planets were all going to collide, and we would all die. People were ignoring me, as I was just some dumb kid... I remember getting to a point where I figured that it was pointless telling people, as they were not interested in my story, and I also realised that there was nothing that could be done anyway.

I remember waking up before it happened, but I remember seeing the planets getting closer.

:sadluvparty:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:13 pm 
country maus

If only you'd had the foresight to write a script out of it which was at turns suffocatingly bleak yet surprisingly tender, you'd have an art house hit on your hands! (Melancholia)