Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: SHOWS AND STUFF
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:51 pm 
little maus on the prairie

Europe next week! London ticket booked but I'm thinking about seeing him in Manchester next Saturday too. It's an all seater theatre which would give the gig a more sedate, relaxed vibe.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:42 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Looking forward to hanging out with you again in London, Wowie. Entered every contest known to man to try winning tickets for Terminal 5, but in the end I just bought a pair for my sister and I. We'll be there tomorrow night if any east coast mausers want to say hello!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:22 pm 

LadyLazarus wrote:
Looking forward to hanging out with you again in London, Wowie. Entered every contest known to man to try winning tickets for Terminal 5, but in the end I just bought a pair for my sister and I. We'll be there tomorrow night if any east coast mausers want to say hello!
Yeah, looking forward to it. I'll come say hi if I can find you in there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:51 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Did you want to meet up before like last time? I don't know what's good near the Electric Ballroom, but there might be something in Archway.

Also we are all in for a major fucking treat because it has just been announced that HARRY MERRY is opening!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:33 am 

LadyLazarus wrote:
Did you want to meet up before like last time? I don't know what's good near the Electric Ballroom, but there might be something in Archway.

Also we are all in for a major fucking treat because it has just been announced that HARRY MERRY is opening!

Definitely! Pm'ed you about that. You've made my day with the Harry Merry news, I never thought I'd see him live so it's such a fucking treat on top of Ariel. I hope they do something together, maybe Stevie Storm :) I just hope there's no 'cooler than thou' London hipsters there laughing at Harry like I've seen in some of his live videos, I'm liable to go punch one of them in the head.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:07 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Just don't ask me to hold you back if that's the case. :666D:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:01 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

God... Harry Merry!!! at the same show with Ariel
what a dream

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:46 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Incredible night. We met Harry and Ariel (briefly). Best Pink show I have seen to date.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:40 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Please share any pictures you might have! So awesome :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:44 pm 
anonymaus

gutted I missed it; did the setlist vary much from his last show at Scala?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:30 am 

I must just echo what Jaime has said, definitely the best Ariel show I've seen. He was in a good mood, I think he was exited to be playing in what he said was a legendary venue. Set list wise I think they played the whole of Pom Pom with the exception of Exile On Frog Street. There were a few songs from Mature Themes and Before Today too.
Ariel and Tim were behind the merch table for a while so I got a lovely Pom Pom poster which they were signing for £5, fucking bargain!
It's fair to say LadyLazarus and I acted like complete Harry Merry groupies all evening! We finally caught up with him after the show (minus the sailor suit) and showered him with superlatives, I told him he was a genius which he really didn't know how to take and he was really touched after Jamie showed him the painting she'd done of him on her phone, he promised to write to her from Rotterdam.
I hope everyone on this forum one day gets the chance to hang out with Jaime at a gig, hand on heart she's the nicest, most genuine and enthusiastic person I've met in a long while :truluv:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:42 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I would have been a Harry Merry groupie too
did he have anything for sale at the show??? like his new cd or any shirts?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:45 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Indeed always a pleasure, wowie! :nod: :truluv: I'm glad I got to be with friends on such a magical musical evening. I can always count on you to slyly strip promo posters off of walls for me. Everyone needs someone like that in their life. I'm exceptionally proud of you for mustering up the courage to ask Ariel for a photo as well! I just don't think I would have done it if you hadn't stepped in. My knees were quivering a bit as he frowned down at my Oddities LP and signed it with my little pen from the bank.
Maybe next time that mausspace/Ariel Kodak moment will actually happen!
I have a feeling that if it were up to Harry, we probably could have hung out backstage all night. I was nerding out with him about Joe Meek and he said I could film him for my music channel and everything.

I wish you didn't have to run off to work, too! You would have enjoyed Panda Bear the next night. Sadly no Person Pitch in the set, but still mesmerising to watch. Noah really reminds me of some kind of mystical pop oracle, caressing his Dr Sample like some kind of crystal ball. Jib Kidder opened and there were members of Blanche Blanche Blanche in the band, too. I briefly talked to Chris Weisman on OSR records and discovered he is from New Hampshire, like me! Small world.

App: Harry only had his latest record for sale (and only on CD). I wish he'd had more! I told him he should sell sailor suits like he wears with HARRY MERRY ROTTERDAM 71 on the back, sports jersey style. I would buy that.

I'll update with photos and videos later (and I saw Ariel at T5 in New York, too, which I will have to report back on: he had a cold and was chowing down on a hamburger delivery during "Jello." He missed a couple of verses when his mouth was full, but the audience was happy to help him out). Just got back from London and the States, contracted a horrible flu, and had my bank account defrauded, so I am a bit behind!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:34 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I'm glad you had a good time. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:04 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Thanks, App!
Oh yes, talking of set lists: Ariel played a cover of "She's Gone" by The Dovers (which he's been playing live as far back as 2007).