Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:52 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: SHOWS AND STUFF
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:32 pm 
anonymaus

Hats off to Ariel for playing all of pom pom, I would've thought he would skip songs like dinosaur carebears cause they sound impossible to pull off live, and like always he was fretting over the sound quality, but they all pulled it off pretty well

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:43 pm 
little maus on the prairie

I really enjoyed the Scala show, the sound was somewhat murky and Ariel had trouble with his vocal effects pedal about halfway through the gig, unplugging it and asking the sound engineer to look after his vocals for the rest of the gig. It was great to see Jason Pierce sit in for the first two tracks but he disappeared after that and was never seen again! There was also a guest violinist who played on quite a few tracks but he was barely audible. I briefly met Kenny before the show too, nice guy.
The 'Jimmy Saville' comment I thought was just black humour but it seems The Guardian has jumped on it much in the same way as the press did over the whole Madonna incident, the American's here probably won't get the reference but it's pretty near the knuckle if you live in the UK. All in all a really enjoyable show, and Ariel's boots were worth the price admission on their own!

It was a pleasure to meet and spend time with LadyLazrus and her friends at the show, they were all nice friendly people. I guess a few of you here have already met Ladylazarus and as you probably know she's great company, funny, crazy, gorgeous and most of all just a genuine music obsessive like the rest of us here! 8D

As a special treat for you all here's two minutes of Lipstick I filmed, a Mausspace exclusive!

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/74862238/file.html

Last edited by wowiezowie on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:50 pm 

AppTrans wrote:
please take pictures of merchandise at the show!!! I am dying to know what shirts and other things they might have
and of course pictures of the band :happy:
Just a quick addendum to the last post, the merch stall had 'Before Today' CDs and Vinyl, Pom Pom CD, Vinyl and Cassette, posters and the 'It's All Ariel's Fault' shirts. There were none of Kate's badges or the special item she mentioned in another post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:57 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Didn't Ariel jest about Kim Fowley already being dead at one point, too? I'm pretty sure he is regarded publicly as the Frankie Boyle of pop these days.
I will have to submit a full report of the show once I am back home (I am staying put in London until after King Tuff's gig), but for now I can only echo what others have said: AP pulled it off and Pom Pom sounded pretty glorious. I did get a bit of a "New York crowd" vibe at times when not many others seemed that engaged, but I must remember this was debuting all-new material for the less obsessive (who hadn't already known the record by heart prior to official release).
It was an absolute pleasure meeting you, Wowie. Always nice to be able to geek out with a kindred musical spirit and put faces to names on here. Thank you for coming out and making Pom Pom night extra special. If I am still in the UK for Ariel's Electric Ballroom gig in March, then let's definitely meet up again! :truluv:
Official photos and video to follow.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:47 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Here are the videos I shot of "Picture Me Gone" and "Lipstick" at the London show last week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwqKF2GjYrk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlQ2h5izTug

Once I'm more or less free of photographer's heady obstructions, you get a pretty clear view of some Ariel mouth drum action during "Picture Me Gone."
Also you get to hear me mewling with excitement a little bit in both videos (aren't you sooo lucky?).
:victory:

And some photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/90791069@ ... 028055640/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:27 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I love those pictures, is that wowiezowie in the pics as well?
Love the Ariel shirt too in there, and the pom pom bag. How amazing :happy:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:50 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Yes, that is the lovely Mr Wowie, whom I met for the very first time! So far I haven't met a mausspacer I haven't liked.

Are you going to any of the east coast shows, App?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:08 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I would love to but February is a bad month for my work unfortunately! The date I wanted to go I have a conference all week beforehand and I'd seriously be too exhausted to want to do anything. Then at the time of the PA show I have court hearings all day. But I would love a shirt or any merchandise if somebody would be so kind to pick something up for me, and they'll be properly reimbursed no question!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:10 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

BTW, it is nice to put faces to Mausers! Good to see you all had a great time :happy:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:58 am 

AppTrans wrote:
I would love to but February is a bad month for my work unfortunately! The date I wanted to go I have a conference all week beforehand and I'd seriously be too exhausted to want to do anything. Then at the time of the PA show I have court hearings all day. But I would love a shirt or any merchandise if somebody would be so kind to pick something up for me, and they'll be properly reimbursed no question!!!

You have a conference all week beforehand? Jeez you have a hard life! This is Ariel Pink we're talking about, fuck work! I phoned in sick to see Ariel in London last week, who gives a fuck about work? I risked dismissal to see him, I'm now on an offical warning, I don't give a fuck. :666D: Ten years from now when people ask you if you saw Ariel on the Pom Pom tour what are you gonna say? "No, I was too tired" No offence obviously but I've missed so many concerts that I regret not attending due to work and/or money related issues (Nirvana in 1991 a prime example) throw caution to the wind and go!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:32 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

wowiezowie wrote:
AppTrans wrote:

You have a conference all week beforehand? Jeez you have a hard life! This is Ariel Pink we're talking about, fuck work! I phoned in sick to see Ariel in London last week, who gives a fuck about work? I risked dismissal to see him, I'm now on an offical warning, I don't give a fuck. :666D: Ten years from now when people ask you if you saw Ariel on the Pom Pom tour what are you gonna say? "No, I was too tired" No offence obviously but I've missed so many concerts that I regret not attending due to work and/or money related issues (Nirvana in 1991 a prime example) throw caution to the wind and go!!!!
I hope to figure something out - I have to look over the tour dates again. Also, I live in the middle of nowhere and it also takes a lot of time to get to these places. However, I'm certain about how things would unfold for the two options/venues I was thinking about. I wish I wasn't such a creature of regimen, but I am not proclaiming "it's a cruel world" either!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:50 am 

Pom Pom sounds so good live! I had a great time seeing Ariel Pink on Friday.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:59 pm 
john everymaus

so all the shows thus far have been him performing pom pom in full?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:18 pm 

ricky wrote:
Pom Pom sounds so good live! I had a great time seeing Ariel Pink on Friday.
Any chance of a more detailed review if you have the time? I'd love to hear about the show.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:47 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I saw a few videos, Not Enough Violence seems really INTENSE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LstFfjucLNs