Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:10 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:50 pm 
john everymaus

wow! only 40 people?
I am going to blame the crowd for Ariel's lack of enthusiasm.... At least you got to be in his presence, and that definitely has its value. I would think at least some of his magic may have rubbed off on you. It only happens if you are receptive to it, which I believe you are. The pics I saw online made that club look pretty dingy and old fashioned, so not too surprising the sound eqpt was not up to par....and I have seen that really irritate Ariel before too...ya, ya, I can make up excuses for him all day long.

don't feel bad Andrew, Ariel didn't even barely talk to me in Portland. I figured he was in bad mood so I just left, I didn't even say goodbye. Ya, I'm sure he doesn't care either... But Kenny is always pleasant and glad to see me so that makes up for it! and ya, I got that same impression about Jorge, he wanted to hang out with me too! but nobody else. I guess if you were to come to my job you might not always find me in such a good mood either. I hope he is in a better mood in new orleans!!

What did he read from the paper - I have never seen that before?? and what buttons did you pick up?

PG! I am so excited for you! seems the setlist is pretty much the same at each show this time, which makes sense if Jorge only knows those particular songs...but you will get to hear a lot of doldrums! YAY!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:59 am 
anonymaus

I figured he had a rough night the night before. (he played 2 shows the day before :shock: )
So he just was not feeling up to it, and I've heard of worse. So from what I got, not that bad.
But, I should have another chance to see him again soon. I hope that time will be better!

For the newspaper, he just read some "interesting" head lines from the local paper, that's about it.
For buttons, FF, Mature Themes, The one that just said "Ariel Pink" in a pink font and white background and him with a picture of him looking down with a jacket on I believe.

I'll post the pictures here soon (once I figure out how...)

And here are the videos I got, not much and they are shaky and the audio is not that great either. but it gives you sort of a "feel" of what it felt like from where I was.
Just felt stupid holding a white iPhone up in the air...

Purple Pilgrims
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vu2xqGdF3I

And a little bit of Trepanated Earth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIXoMgEYOXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gdvh7cCf6A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:27 am 
john everymaus

Just got home from the show tonight. It was awesome. The sound guy was very good, much better than the one in Oberlin, and so this was my favorite of the two shows I've see Ariel and the HG perform. I also liked the setlist more. It included Want Me, Is this the Best Spot?, Kinski Assassin, Interesting Results, Bright Lit Blue Skies, L'estat, Reminiscences, Baby, Trepanated Earth (SO GOOD), Gray Sunset, Strange Fires, Hang On To Life, Only In My Dreams, Mature Themes, Menopause Man, Round and Round. Encore was She's My Girl, Pink Slime, and Hellen.

Current line up is great. Jorge is very good, and Kenny rocks the drums quite well. I enjoyed the new song and can't wait to hear it recorded. I bought a shirt because it turned out to be nicer material than the last tour's batch, and it fits me better, and I bought that random single he put out with two other dudes. Cloak and Dagger. I didn't have the courage to talk to Ariel again, and one of my friends was in a rush to get home so I didn't wait for courage to come. Great night regardless.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:03 pm 
john everymaus

andrewmilam wrote:
I
For buttons, FF, Mature Themes, The one that just said "Ariel Pink" in a pink font and white background and him with a picture of him looking down with a jacket on I believe.

oh yay you got a maus space collab button!!! Jordan actually designed some of those - years ago, but I brought them back for this tour. :) I know it sounds retarded that he had to design an album cover, but I am total idiot so yes he had to do it for me!

glad you had fun PG!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:54 pm 
john everymaus

Also, he wore this again! He must like it a lot.

[ img ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:43 pm 
john everymaus

YAY! you have made my day!! I was kind of wondering if he just wore it because I gave it to him, or if he really liked it. I am going to go with he really does like it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:52 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

It suits him!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:33 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I'm really liking the looks of these recent set lists. Wowza! Nice pictures too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:40 pm 
anonymaus

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Overkill? Well that was the best I thought I took.
I think they turned out pretty good.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:46 pm 
john everymaus

Andrew - FYI - don't let that pink & white button get wet! the ink tends to bleed....the ribbon messes up the seal, I think - you have been warned!! I just wrote "Ariel Pink" with a sharpie....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:41 pm 
anonymaus

kate wrote:
Andrew - FYI - don't let that pink & white button get wet! the ink tends to bleed....the ribbon messes up the seal, I think - you have been warned!! I just wrote "Ariel Pink" with a sharpie....
Thank you for letting me know Kate!
I'll be careful.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:14 pm 
anonymaus

Almost forgot, the setlist!
By the way, if any one can record, Hang On To Life.
I haven't heard it yet, and I would love to!

[ img ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:54 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Is Hang on to Your Life a new original chune?

edit: chune? I typed a "t" and it's showing as a "ch". wacky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:56 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

One of mausspace's little quirks. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:13 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

That's some quirk. I might have fun with this.